Notices

My trigger is my husband and my kids....

Old 01-03-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My trigger is my husband and my kids....

Starting vent:

I am sooooooooo stressed out. I can feel the tension in my back and this when I want a drink!!

I ask for help around the house and no one helps!!!! Babies r crying, food needs to be cooked, dishes unloaded, Christmas decorations taken down, presents to be put away, tree taken down, trash taken out (UGH - I could go on...) AND no one listens to me. They just sit, playing with toys and watching football and make messes in the places I clean!!! And here I run around TRYING to get it all done (it needs to get done, put it off long enough). I can't do it all by myself.

Just sitting here typing this out has calmed me down a bit. But seriously, a little help would be nice.

Vent over.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you did the best thing you could do and thats get it out of your system

my kids are the same and there grown up now but trying to get them to help me around the home is a nightmare, they go on there computers and you dont see them until there hungry

i work as well as i am a single parent dad its drove me nuts over the years and i have blown up time and time again

today i just accept how it is and lose the stress out of it but sometimes i do push them by turning the electric off when there playing a game lol

they know i have had enough then

i am just to soft really on them as they have suffered a lot in the past from me and there mums drunkeness and also only 2 years ago i lost one of my kids to cancer

so i think i make excuses for them in that way but i see it like i am trying to let them just deal with things in there own way but the down side is there lazy at home

anyway you did the right thing by having a rant it will not make your kids help you but it will at least let you feel a bit better

i dont know what the answer is for lazy kids

just keep on plodding on good luck to you
Old 01-03-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, Suzieq; it is certainly unfair that no one chips in with the housework, no question.

Hope you don't drink over it. When the games are over, maybe you can call a family meeting to talk about divvying up some responsibilities.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

I here ya! I just keep telling myself that everything will still be there and need to get picked up no matter what. some people just dont realize how many things can be a trigger. Stay strong!
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Suzie, I know exactly what you are going through, especially having babies and small kids. You can't catch a break. My kids are grown now but when they come home it is chaos all over again. My son and daughter in law have a 3 year old. There are toys strewn everywhere. My DIL is the worst of all of them, shoes, sunglasses, jackets, etc. etc are everywhere. I am not the tidiest person myself but with 6 people in the house it is a huge mess. A point of contention between hubby and I has always been that he doesn't think that kids should have to do any chores. So you can imagine what kind of adults they have grown in to. Go ahead and vent. You deserve to!
Old 01-03-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe if I lay on the ground, throw a kicking and screaming tantrum, they will listen to me....just thinking about that makes me laugh.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not worth drinking over. Maybe call a family meeting to discuss the situation? Not sure how old your kids are, but I'd be putting up some games, unless they pitched in to help.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The hardest part about recovery is that our major day to day interpersonal struggles don't go away. I pounded a few beers the last time I had a huge fight with my SO. Obviously this just made things worse. Anger, resentment and all our unresolved problems are sitting there staring at our sober faces. I'm still figuring out how to deal with these emotions.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Duplicate post....