Notices

hi

Old 12-29-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi

I am a newcomer to this site, I decided one day that I was ill and had to get myself better, so I kept it simple and asked for help in finding a way immediately I found it, and from there I decided to take each day at a time, I had a moment every morning to relax and just focus on what I wanted to achieve that day and before going to sleep I thought back on the day and that day only, on what I had done. This meditation helped me straight away and I soon began to build on my self confidence and mood. AA is a good place for some and it helped me to admit to myself and accept that I was ill and needed medicine not alcohol to help me. after a while I accepted that while there would never be a cure, that did not matter but getting better physically and mentally did (as you would if you had a cold or fever you would not try to beat it alone you go to a doctor and admit what's wrong and he/she fixes you). I have not touched a drop of alcohol for two years now and my life has changed beyond my wildest dreams, I have my children back in my life and as far as they are concerned the past is the past and I was ill and now I am better- I have a good job, I am allowed to drive again and all of my true friends have welcomed me back into their lives. My other 'friends' have disappeared or been 'sacked' by me with no particular pain on my part and all and all it has been a fascinating eventful exciting and one of the best journeys of discovery in my 48 years on this planet. I am fully aware it could all change in a flash tomorrow but for today I am well and now have far too much to lose for a single glass of poison. good luck everyone
Old 12-29-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. It's so nice to hear success stories. It gives hope to those of us that still need it. I envy that you enjoy everyday for that day, and not the future. Congrats on 2 years!
Old 12-29-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Inspired by your post. Good luck to you as well.
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, great story and thank you for sharing - very inspiring for a newbie like myself!
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to Sober Recovery Tmhcwgsy

Well done on your 2 years sober that is fantastic
Old 12-29-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations tmhcwgsy - and welcome to SR

D
Old 12-29-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very good to meet you tmh. SR is a great place for encouragement any time you may need it, 24/7.

Wonderful that you have 2 yrs.! It keeps getting better.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, tmh, to SR.

Congratulations on two sober years!!!!