Notices

3rd day...

Old 12-27-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3rd day...

So I am on my 3rd day sober, after my 2day red wine hangover which was a bing on Xmas Eve that lasted 11 hours, as many of you who have read my post I am deeply in anxiety over losing my job come next week & all my absences due to the hangovers, shame overs, etc. Co workers all are going out for drinks after work, as tempting as it is I said no I am sorry I am still under the weather, as far as anyone knows here I was sick on Xmas day & yesterday when I was supposed to work, except it was self inflicted sickness . But I am happy to say it's another sober day. And I will be going home tonight praying I still have this job come Monday. I think a lot of the anxiety is withdrawal & anxiety in general. I still don't feel 110%, how long do these hangovers last, I mean really. My poor body.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3 RS hang in there
Old 12-27-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unfortunely you may have a few days left of withdrawl. I found the anxiety to be the worst. As soon as you can I would see a dr about anxiety because it in itself can send u back to drinking. Its called self medicating with bad, bad results
Old 12-27-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mistory5 View Post
Unfortunely you may have a few days left of withdrawl. I found the anxiety to be the worst. As soon as you can I would see a dr about anxiety because it in itself can send u back to drinking. Its called self medicating with bad, bad results
If the anxiety continues I will. I used to be on a ton of meds for panic attacks years ago & did not like how I felt when I was on them. I was on them for most of my life. Usually now I am anxiety free. I think it's more so the alcohol leaving my body & my job situation. And this hangover seems to never go away. You would think after day 3 I would be feeling 110%, this just sucks.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with mistory. I discovered that after i quit drinking, i still had the feelings that i masked by drinking. Alcohol is not an effective way to battle anxiety, because it makes it worse each time we take that medication. I went to the doctor and got a prescription and that helps much more than alcohol did. Now i feel stronger and more confident each passing week when i use what the doctor prescribed, instead of more anxious each passing week when i used alcohol. Plus, i don't get too drunk and make a fool out of myself, or just wander away from a party and jump on a bus because i decided to go home. What you're experiencing is not unusual, and it can be treated. But it will get a lot worse if you keep drinking, because that's what's happened to every single person who has tried to solve the problem with alcohol before us.