Notices

Day 13

Old 12-26-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Day 13

Day 13 is nearly at an end and boy was today stressful. I'm not sure if it was just me having a bit of a short temper or if things were just going wrong. I felt anxiety start up and I would just take deep breaths and try to focus. I'm not sure if it's because of my addiction or just the way the day went. But I'll be honest, the thought of a drink creeped up a couple times and I just read the SR posts to keep me motivated.

I'm a little concerned for the next few weeks. This isn't the first time I've attempted to quit drinking and for the last eight or nine months I'd go in cycles of two or three weeks sober and two days binge drinking. After a binge I'd feel major regret, would say I would never drink again, and two weeks later I'd do it all over again. I'm right at that end point of the cycle and I want to break it. I don't want to rationalize a drink, I want to stay sober.

Just needed to get that out, I'm probably going to be posting a lot more to help keep my mind focused and not continue this stupid binge cycle. Thanks for the support so far.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Putting things out there and writing them down is a great way be accountable and proactive. Spending more time here sounds like a great plan too in a time of need. This can absolutely be the time that you break through the barrier and keep your sobriety....and congrats on 2 weeks!
Old 12-27-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

keep on jayman

m
Old 12-27-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jayman View Post
Day 13 is nearly at an end and boy was today stressful. I'm not sure if it was just me having a bit of a short temper or if things were just going wrong. I felt anxiety start up and I would just take deep breaths and try to focus. I'm not sure if it's because of my addiction or just the way the day went. But I'll be honest, the thought of a drink creeped up a couple times and I just read the SR posts to keep me motivated.

I'm a little concerned for the next few weeks. This isn't the first time I've attempted to quit drinking and for the last eight or nine months I'd go in cycles of two or three weeks sober and two days binge drinking. After a binge I'd feel major regret, would say I would never drink again, and two weeks later I'd do it all over again. I'm right at that end point of the cycle and I want to break it. I don't want to rationalize a drink, I want to stay sober.

Just needed to get that out, I'm probably going to be posting a lot more to help keep my mind focused and not continue this stupid binge cycle. Thanks for the support so far.
Day 13 and 14 have always been my weak spots and whilst I am probably still considered early in my sobriety once I got day 14 out of the way this time around I was fine!
Old 12-27-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 13 is awesome, ...your body and brain is making good and positive adjustments...hang in there it is so worth it.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Two weeks is awesome jayman, well done.

Good for you for posting your thoughts, stay strong.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jayman,
I'm just over 90 days. Christmas time is overflowing with stress for me. Mostly from certain family members I'm trying to help. After spending hours talking with them about their issues yesterday, my brain was totally fried. No headaches, just so much tension. I craved a drink so badly. So badly. But then I said to myself, it's not one drink you want. You want to get totally drunk so you can forget all this crap. Then the next day, you'll want more to block the side effects, and so on. So forget that... And I forgot that. And in a couple of hours, I was just fine and no longer needed any of that medicine. So when your AV starts talking to you, talk back. Find something to keep yourself busy. After a short time, it WILL pass, and before you know it those weeks will turn into months.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on thirteen days! Keep up the great work.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 13 Jayman