Notices

took my first step in acceptance

Old 12-25-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

took my first step in acceptance

2 days ago i went on a date with a girl who i've known for a long time and she was drinking wine. I told her i didn't drink and not 30 minutes later i said you know what, i think i will have a drink and bam off and at it again. Well today I called her and told her that i really liked her, but its not that i dont drink its that i cant drink because im an alcoholic. I told her that if we were going to be in a relationship we would have to address it. I was completely expecting her to decide to part ways but what she said really suprised me. She said she was really sorry for drinking in front of me and that if I needed her to not have it in the house or around me she would do whatever i needed her to do. im still struggling today from the withdrawls and not being able to keep anything down but if there is anything good to take from this at least that worked out so far... I know its not wise to date when you're early in recovery but i was getting really lonely and wanted some female companionship...
Old 12-25-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A great step forward!!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Id say that worked out rather well. So instance od honesty and openness could really pay off for you and help you along in recovery. Its nice to have people who support you.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
oak

Thanks for posting. It is a very uplifting story. I am impressed that you were so honest and that she was so supportive.