Notices

Day 12, Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Day 12, Merry Christmas!

Day 12 is well under way and I'm feeling pretty good about things. Last night was a Christmas get together with the in laws and man was it tough. There's the usual stress but last night was especially hard. We walked in to about 5 people we didn't know who were apparently relatives of a friends, so on and so forth. As I walked into the dining room there was wine, beer, and a bottle of rum sitting on the table, beer bottles left places, and the smell was strong. Even my wife was surprised by this and kept asking if I was ok. I was ok, but I kept catching myself looking at the rum, which really worried me. I just avoided it and enjoyed myself the best I could. No one offered me a drink, but the fact that it was there and I wasn't expecting made the night interesting. My reaction showed me that I'm still in a fragile state when it comes to alcohol. I even woke up from a dream last night that I was drinking. I felt that sinking feeling when I woke up like I was facing a hangover but when I realized it was a dream I felt a lot better. Today's gonna be a nice day, just my wife and kid, lots of cooking, and NO booze anywhere!

I'm staying the course, still motivated, and i'm gonna get keep on going. Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Congrats on your 12 days! Have a great Christmas.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, Jayman. Awesome work on your 12 days, and Merry Christmas to you too! Way to get through that rough night. I'm extremely impressed! I hope that you're able to reflect upon your strength from last night ad use it in the future as a source of strength whenever necessary.

I think "fragile" is a very subjective word. I think that to some you'll be in a "fragile" state for the rest of your life because you're always aware of the presence of the drink, but with a great strength of will you'll never actually be in serious danger of breaking your sobriety. And I think to others you have to be right on the cusp of failing to be "fragile". Either way, you're awesome.

And I totally empathize with your dream; it's an awful feeling but at least that moment when you realize that you're still sober is pretty neat.

Stay rad!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 12 Jayman Merry christmas
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 12 is fantastic Jayman!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 12-25-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well done for surviving, Jayman !

And congrats on day 12 too.
Old 12-25-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 12 days Jayman

D