Argh!!!!!

Old 08-06-2004, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Argh!!!!!

On a good note... I am at work so it wasn't a call waking me up in the middle of the night.
#2 son 23 years old was out with friends and thought it was ok to take my car after he came home from the bar.
DUI and who knows what kind of damage to the car.
On a second good note... FINALY codie extreme wife has reached her point of saying NO MORE and I think it will stick this time.
This is his second DUI. How foolish of me to think though he is still drinking, he would be smart enough to NOT drive MY car. ARGH!!!!
His first DUI was 5 years ago. They drink they become STUPID.
So #1 son and now #2 son both without a lic because of DUI.
In the AM (4 hours) I will need get the car. He is staying with the nice men with blue uniforms for the night. Will be removed from the insurance and never put back on. Never use the car again. (per codie wife's request)
Though I am a bit codie... I am a passive codie I guess you could say.
Started thinking of ways he will be able to get to work. Who can shuttle him and so on. I need leave HIS problems for him to deal with. Also find that my wife said she must have $200 in parking tickets that would need be paid before they would release the car... ARGH!!!!

OK nobody was hurt. Lessons will be learned. Silver lining in every cloud.
Still .... ARGH!!!!

ok done venting. I hope others can learn from this.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((best)))
I'm so sorry you're going through this but I'm glad that you have your recovery and your faith.
Prayers for you and your family.
L
Old 08-06-2004, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Best))))
Sounds like you need to make some good ole lemonade with all those lemons you have there. Life loves to pile those lemons on us. Sounds like you got a good plan in mind. I admire your insight. Sometimes just to write it down reinforces it. My prayers are with you, Hugs, Teggie
Old 08-06-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best,

Getting to work is HIS problem! Not yours.

Ngaire
Old 08-06-2004, 09:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Lorelai Thank you for the prayers

myles Yes and with no way to work...no paycheck.... no money for beers.
Even what could be looked at as a downside had a bright side.

Teggie As I was venting, I was making lemonade.
The Argh!!! is the sour look when you drink the lemonade *LOL*

I am looking at this in hopes of it being a wake up call for him. It has brought my wife and I to the same page on many things. She has reached a point of overflow and has agreed to the boundaries I want held. You drink, you don't drive our car even if sober. No alcohol in the house. Alcohol free zone. His problem on how to get his own butt to work.

In nature a mother eagle will eat away the nest as the babys get bigger. As the nest gets smaller, they will need learn fast and learn to fly on their own.
I have been telling my wife to start eating for a few months now *LOL*

If a mother eagle was a nurturer and codie as the babys get bigger, she would starve to death by trying to constantly care for and feed them.
There is a time we just need to let them go so they can learn to fly on their own. The wonderful thing about problems.... people grow and learn from them. The car may or may not be totaled... it is a material item and can be replaced. Insurance is up to date so even if a replacement is needed, the cost will be minimal.
The most important thing... the shame, guilt, and pending court action just may be enough to wake up a 23 year old to the harm and dangers of drinking.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

I too am glad he was safe and you and wifey are using your tools so well!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Best,
One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting a DUI. I realized that I at the time did not have stopping sence. I realized that everytime you drink and drive you are counting on luck and sooner or later your luck runs out and the DUI was the best case senaros as apposed to an accident or worse. And then worrying about how much my own car insurance that I had to pay myself was going to go up. Then to boot all the good paying jobs I would not be able to get because of my driving record was enough to make me see the light. That and crying all night in jail and the shame of calling my mother to bail me out the next morning. Weeks later my mother said it was like a blessing in discuise!!!! So hopefully this will be a good learning experience for him also.