Notices

9 months tomorrow

Old 12-15-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 months tomorrow

Hi guys:

I can't wait and I am sure I will make it so I am doing my monthly post today. I'm feeling good still but I'm starting to get nervous about my mother@s birthday party in a couple of weeks. My AV keeps telling me that I need some champagne for the toast, maybe 1 aguardiente... BS! None for this chiqui.

I was having some stress at work. My coworker got fired so I'm dealing less with that. I will be getting more work but I think once I get used to it it's going to be fine.

Now: I need support to stay sober in this party. I know there's going to be pressure and I know I wont succumb, but I'm nervous. I'm not going to lie. I haven't mentioned anything to my mother anymore so I don't even know if she realizes I'm still not drinking. It's also overseas so I will not have access to my phone to come here to SR if I need to, and I will not have my SR for 2 weeks. That's going to be hard and I will miss all of you.

wish me luck folks. I will be the only no drinker in this party...
Old 12-15-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 9 months, nowsthetime.

You might not have SR but you will have your imagination. Imagine all of us standing in the room with you, toasting your Mom with our ginger ale, sparkling water, sparkling cider and every sober drink imaginable. Imagine us toasting each other on our commitments to sobriety. We WILL be with you.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you are quite stressed about this party already. Is it necessary for you to go? If you feel like you won't get through it, then you really rethink the invitation.

If you do go, just stick with water and escape to the washroom if things get tough. Arrive late, leave early, have your own transportation.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do this chica! Congrats on 9 months (you are having a sober-birthing?). Try not to over think the party too much because it will cause your anxiety to rise. Be confident in knowing that you have 9 months in your pocket and like Leigh says we are there in "spirit".
Old 12-15-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there, Nowsthetime! I am sincerely confident in your ability to succeed wherever you are. The fact that you have made it to 9 months makes me certain that you have the strength to disregard your AV and stay aware of your future past an event.

I will say though that if you would be in a completely different setting than the one that you have been in for 9 months, then, although I do think that you can handle it because you're awesome, I would completely respect your decision to pursue more familiar surroundings (renting a device if you benefit from having SR at your fingertips, just not going, etc.).
Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It sounds like you are quite stressed about this party already. Is it necessary for you to go? If you feel like you won't get through it, then you really rethink the invitation.

If you do go, just stick with water and escape to the washroom if things get tough. Arrive late, leave early, have your own transportation.
Amen
Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Renting a device might be a good idea. I'm going to look into that. I have relied on SR so much all this time that not having it makes me nervous. I am having lots of anxiety about it. This too shall pass!!! Right.

Not going isn't an option. It's her 60th and I'm flying there just for it. She has 150 guest in the most exclusive country club of our city. I have to get a gown and everything... I'm excited about dressing up but nervous because of the cravings I'm also afraid of how my mom is going to behave. I know its not my deal or business, I just hope she's not an ass... Eventhough no kids are allowed I'm bringing my daughter so I'll have to exit at some point to go put her to bed.

I'll work it out. Not worth throwing 9 months away...
Old 12-16-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do it, Nowsthetime. You're stronger than you know! And there should be some opportunity to access SR; the WW in WWB is for world wide!
Old 12-16-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Nowsthetime 9 months is awesome
Old 12-16-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So, it is official. Nine months today!!! Three weekends until the party...