Notices

Long weekend ahead

Old 12-13-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long weekend ahead

Going to be a hard four days! Going through email's just now and ran across the room conformation my ex and I had booked for the beach trip/ballgame(she won tickets,so she will still be going). My mind jumps to who's she taking instead of me,was she already talking to him before breaking up? Then in walks AV saying not to worry,we got this,dude! We can now bar hop at the old places without running in to her. Lets party! ugggghh...The thoughts of heading out now to drown out the mental side. I know it only makes it worse,though..Just a rough start to what was supposed to be a great weekend.

Ive been on my beer taper and will stay on it! Three for today and two tomorrow/mon,one tue,ect... Shakes are 85% gone and head was out of the fog until seeing this. haha Stopping two habits at once is tough! Just ranting, I guess.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your anxiety. don't let it take you down. Keep on your plan. Stay with it. When are you finally just going to put it down forever?
Many try to taper and are not successful. Maybe just quitting is what you need to do.
In the meantime, read through the weekender thread and see what people are up to.
Some are struggling and some are sharing getting their lives back. Entertaining sometimes and it'll keep you busy.
Post and hop on the bus.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...c-12-14-a.html
Old 12-13-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As of now I should be done Wen night(one beer). I started to not have any last night,but want to go slow with it. I think it took around 8hrs to drink 3 beers yesterday. Felt better yesterday morning,feel good today,hopefully great the next few days. If so I'll just cut the taper short. Planning on hitting up an AA meeting on Tue.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can go to AA now. Lots of people still drink at AA meetings.

So the anxiety thing is going to be pretty noticeable for a while - there is a lot going on physically when you cut back and quit alcohol. You just have to go through it, and it does get better.

The GF? Remembering the reason I broke up always helped me when the "but I miss him" thoughts came up.

I also tapered and I've been able to stay off. It didn't stop the withdrawal, just prolonged it, but I didn't die - so I have that going for me. Ugh. Never again!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Woke up from a dream with the ex and some guy..took a gasp of air,looked around and felt...at peace. No shakes..no sweats. Slept for 7hrs.. I won't have a drink today. I know I'm far from out of the woods,but it's a welcomed change from the hungover/emotional me. I like this guy!
Old 12-14-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today is the day!!!! Happy for you, DontRemember.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck
Old 12-14-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Make this day one. If you make a stand now, you'll never have to drink again.

You can do it!
Old 12-14-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Make this day one. If you make a stand now, you'll never have to drink again.

You can do it!
thats happening... Just left the gym..going to shower and hit the bar my buddy owns, to watch the game. Taking flavored waters to mix with cranberry...and thats all there is to it! Booze/others no longer dictate what I do!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Made it through the day/night with no booze! There were people questioning about where the ex was,ect. which was a bit annoying! But, I had no desire to drink,free drinks! Drank water that looked like a mixed drink and talked to women,sober. Day two starts now...Think Ill go play golf..been a while sine I played!