Notices

My journey

Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My journey

So I still struggle,but I think I am moving in the right direction.i am sober tonight and feeling really good about it. Since I found SR I have made a lot of good choices. I cut my consumption in half and I am not drinking every night.but I haven't been able to go longer than 3 or 4 days without a drink.i don't know, if I will ever be able to completely stop.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey Bearbaby05-

It takes a bit of an effort to completely stop, however it is very doable. It is a move for the better with your decreased consumption, however this is a progressive problem, which will likely continue to be a problem and even grow worse in time.

There is a lot of support here, should you decide to go for total sobriety. I do wish you well, and I look forward to seeing you around.

Lusher
Old 12-07-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand what you mean! I've tried probably 5 or 6 times the last few years to stop drinking, but I've only been able to make it 10 days at the most. This time I'm on day 8 so I'm getting nervous . I don't know a lot about your story and I know everyone's recovery is different, but I think every addict or alcoholic fears they won't be able to stop. I'd say the feeling is normal, and I applaud what you've already accomplished. Slow progress is still progress!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here!!

Never say never, please..... It took me long time - but it became apparent that total abstinence was the solution. The progressive nature of alcoholism for those that are indeed alcoholics doesn't allow for moderate drinking. Simply we perish before our time or the quality of our lives and those who come in contact with us is markedly diminished and/or destroyed.

Keep coming back and consider quitting entirely! It really is the only option for alcoholics and can indeed be accomplished~
Old 12-07-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I struggled for years also.. it's a process for some of us.. at 3-4 days you're still experiencing physical craving. Once you make it past five days it will become easier.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Glad you're here!
I've had a couple rough starts at this sobriety thing, so have most of the people here.
I hope you'll stick around and keep reaching out for support.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I tried many times to "cut back" by doing things like measuring and dumping out the rest of the wine. That would last about 3 days for me. One bad day would send me back to drinking more. Total abstinence is the only way for me.
Glad you made it here!
Old 12-07-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

just want to add another GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

hang in there - many of us have had more than one attempt, I most certainly.

there is so much goodness here at SR. take hold of some of it.