Notices

sober but worried ..

Old 12-06-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

sober but worried ..

I posted this on the alcoholism thread but I thought the newcomers thread may be more appropriate.

I feel good today. I woke up and took my son out to breakfast and I feel good about that. I never would have been able to do that if I were drinking because I'd be too afraid to drive with him in the car with a hangover. They were brutal. Anyway I'm worried, not because I want to drink because I have no desire to do that today, but because I've been here a million times and I know how brief these moments of clarity last for me. I'm afraid of waking up with no recollection of drinking and my life being worse than it ever has been before. Like waking up in the hospital and today being the last day I remember and being like "what the hell?!" I'm not sure if that makes sense. I'm probably over thinking things like I normally do. lol. I'm just so ready for this thing to be gone but what happens when I lose sight of that?
Old 12-06-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here posting!

For me, I would permalink your own post. When you feel confused, or think you may want to drink read your own words - they're perfect!

I feel good today. I woke up and took my son out to breakfast and I feel good about that. I never would have been able to do that if I were drinking because I'd be too afraid to drive with him in the car with a hangover. They were brutal. ...... waking up in the hospital

Keep coming back!