Notices

binged on pizza, slept half of day, threw fit....

Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

binged on pizza, slept half of day, threw fit....

BUT stayed sober!

It's been 24 hours and I stayed sober, what's more (for me): I did it on a perfectly imperfect day. Not being sober "perfectly" is a huge problem for me. I don't read my sixth meditation book by 7 am and I throw the whole day away. Today was a terrible day, but I posted here, read the kind and helpful responses, showed up at my counselling meeting this afternoon, and faced my fear of going back to a meeting tonight to face what I thought would be judgement - turns out they missed me.

Despite being a horrible place with my family (my fault), being terrified of my poor performance at work as of late (my fault).. I am so grateful that I am sober tonight.

My counsellor suggested detox. She asked if I'd like to call from her office. To our surprise, they offered me a bed for Monday morning. If I do this, I will have to take leave without pay from work...... thoughts?

Thank you - you're angels, and you're really showing me what it means to put it in action.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are on the right track, butterfly. I hope you can take the leave with out pay and return to work soon. Are you considering rehab or iop? Or what is your plan for staying sober. Sounds like you have a good counselor and maybe they can help you with the plan. You can do this butterfly, and you will be so glad that you did.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Perfection is a big one for me too, Butterfly, so I really appreciate this post.

I'm so proud for you.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job butterflycher! The decision for an inpatient detox is ultimately your decision, but I think it would help you immensely in your sobriety journey. Are you going to do it?
Old 12-04-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brava!

Being sober on the "bad" days is what it is all about!
Old 12-04-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job! In my opinion, I think if you are having trouble stringing sober days together, that detox would be a great idea. I needed to take that step to start my sobriety.

My work was suffering too. It's not suffering at all now that I've been able to string sober days together. If you can take the time off, even unpaid, I'd say go for it. Because if your work is already suffering from the drink, because you are suffering from the drink, you may not have the job much longer. It's great that they have a bed for you. Think about it.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ButterflyCher View Post
B I did it on a perfectly imperfect day.
I love how you put that.
Like Heartsafire...I too understand.

I'm an all or nothing...black or white..feast or famine ....kind of gal myself. And it gets me into all sorts of trouble.

Do whatever you need to do to start making the change Butterfly. Perhaps you do need a bit of a cocoon for metamorphosis?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on staying sober today , I think detox is a good thing, it may be just the kick in the shin to get you to stay sober. Thanks for posting
Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you need detox I say go for it. 2-3 days without pay is not a bad deal. Then rock AA, SR, keep seeing your counselor.

Christmas is around the corner, you most definitely want to be sober for it. To remember it, and second to NOT turn it into an endless binge.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That sounds like a good opportunity to be offered. Personally, I think sobriety should come first, so if you can go to treatment, then it could be brilliant for you.
It sounds like you're doing a really good job. I've been eating a lot and finding it hard to sleep in early sobriety but we shouldn't be hard on ourselves as we are forming a new life!
Old 12-05-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on 24h sober BC thats awesome

Yes do the detox youl feel better for it
Old 12-05-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks, all - I'm going to go to the detox!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats good BC happy for you
Old 12-05-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That first day is a big one - congratulations! You will make that money back in no time, just with all the alcohol you aren't buying.