Notices

So dang tired!

Old 11-28-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So dang tired!

Whhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? as Nancy Kerrigan would say.

I have noticed when not drinking I am super tired, but when I drink I have more energy. Crazy

Also, I have been meaning to ask... I can go all day without a drink and it is never in my mind, BUT, when 5-6pm rolls around, that is when that urge starts. If I can get to say 8-9pm I am cool. How can I get thru those 3-4 hours?
Old 11-28-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A lot of times I would psych myself up to do more tasks around the house, just to prove that getting drunk was not impacting my responsibilities. When I stopped drinking, that artificial standard was removed, and I did a lot more sleeping.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah, it's the sugar thing, AF. I have problems with hypo-glycemia, which set me up perfectly to love the sugar in alcohol. I had endless energy, until I didn't.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer...that is what I do too. I have the cleanest house on the block I am sure!
Old 11-28-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Ah, it's the sugar thing, AF. I have problems with hypo-glycemia, which set me up perfectly to love the sugar in alcohol. I had endless energy, until I didn't.
I will definitely check that out. Seeing my doctor on Wed for the annual check-up thing. Thanks
Old 11-28-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ArtFriend... I have EXACTLY the same issues! No energy... unless I drink then wow - I have energy. I'm also not a daytime drinker. No cravings, not interested. But when the evening comes - that's when my AV comes alive. As I type, I realize this isn't a helpful post. Just makes me realize some of us have similar experiences.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow... you and I have similar patterns it looks like. Wonder what the evening thing is all about? I read that Dick VanDyke had the same issue. He never drank in the daytime, but after work....
Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have the same issue, fine all day but when 5-6 rolls around I have to really focus on my thoughts. Around 7 or 8 I feel ok again and very happy, because i survived "that time" again.

I feel it has to do with habits, and 5-6 was when I would be "rewarding" myself with alcohol. So I assume it is just our bodies expecting what it has gotten at this time of day for so long.

Oh and hang in there with the low energy thing. Our bodies are healing and we arent getting the sugar we are used too. For sure bring it up with Dr.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. I got 9 hours of sleep last night, and now it is about 5pm here and I'm hitting that down point of the day. I'm not exhausted, but more tired than I should be. If I were drinking, I would have more energy. Maybe booze would just "dull" the tired feeling?

My only other thought is that I'm actually doing things and using my brain rather than sitting around half out of it.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charlieinthebox View Post
ArtFriend... I have EXACTLY the same issues! No energy... unless I drink then wow - I have energy. I'm also not a daytime drinker. No cravings, not interested. But when the evening comes - that's when my AV comes alive. As I type, I realize this isn't a helpful post. Just makes me realize some of us have similar experiences.
That sounds almost identical to my drinking. No energy all day but when I started drinking it was a paaaarrrty! Even thought it was just me. Now things are kinda somber but its real. Im all about feeling these new experiences of real life.. so normal for most people but but yet new for me. Feels like a fresh start
Old 11-28-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know! I've been off the last few days and have taken a two hour nap every afternoon. I always started dyinking mid- morning before. I did nothing productive. Everything was half- a$$ed but had tons of energy and rarely ate
Old 11-28-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Me too. Friday nights would be my house cleaning night because they were usually the kick off to a weekend binge. I'd use the extra 'energy' I'd get from the first few to get through all the chores. Alcohol is actually a stimulant at first but as you drink more in a sitting it becomes a sedative.. crazy drug.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh and I call the hour between 5-6 the witching hour. It hits me hard especially on Fridays.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh and I call the hour between 5-6 the witching hour. It hits me hard especially on Fridays.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

That's pretty much the number one indicator for real alcoholism.

It's not a sedative or a depressant..... It's a stimulant.

Wild horses couldn't keep me at home on the couch after a 6 pack.

I got an incredible drive to get up, get out and go see this world that was normally grey and dreary, but after a 6 pack, the world was technicolour.

5 months sober I could still and have slept theology round lol.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

okay, group hug...

now, let's forget about it and think of something else
Old 11-28-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have had the same thing for over the past month with being tired. I am wondering when this goes away.