Notices

no more nicotine

Old 11-22-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no more nicotine

I have decided to try to give up nicotine. Today will be my last day of and I plan on cold turkey. I used to chew Copenhagen about a can and a half a day. Quit it in 2012 with the use of nicotine gum. Have been consuming the equivalent of 4.5 packs of cigarettes in nicotine gum a day for the last 1.5 years. I have tried to limit it, and tried to slow down, but with no lasting success.

So, I am going to finish my gum today and probably be very unhappy for a few days. I quit tobacco in 2000 cold turkey after using it for 11 years. I then was getting fatter and decided to take it up again to lose weight. This is so idiotic I can hardly write it down!!

Anyway was thinking of doing it the first of the year, but think now is the time and save $200 on gum. My teeth hurt, and I am developing huge muscles on the sides of my jaw from the almost constant nicotine gum.

Going to give it hell!! So I will try to refrain from posting because I cant imagine how grumpy I will be for a few days.

Wish me luck!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

72 hours herradura, 72 hours. That's the hardest part. After that you'll start feeling better.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck, I quit chew cold turkey about 4 years ago. The first few days were horrible but it got better fast after that. Can't believe I used to put that horrid stuff in my mouth every day.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I have been nicotine free for 3 weeks. Days 2 and 3 were the worst. It is hard but can be done