I don't know the future, but I know God has my back

Old 11-17-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know the future, but I know God has my back

My husband and I do a daily hour long bible study daily and one topical study on Sunday's. I've been voicing and praying for God to take my husband by the collar and give him a good shaking to wake his rear-end up to the destruction he's causing himself and his family. I believe Sunday and this morning were a good start to answering that and I'm so thankful for it. I pray he listens and takes it to heart.

Sundays study was titled 'Strength' and included a segment on habitual drinking, ie alcoholism. It was rough but ended on a good and positive note of forgiveness upon repentance.

Following our study this morning there was a Q&A segment where a woman wrote in asking what she can do to help her male friend that is an alcoholic. She explained he came to her claiming to want to stop but seems unable to. He directed her to call AA and ask them for advice, then to pray for him, and above all not to enable him under any circumstance.

Once the above studies were over, he didn't say one word. He showered and readied himself for work as usual. All I can say is I don't believe it was a coincidence and I really hope he pays attention.

I don't know what the future holds for our marriage, or the outcome of his addiction, but I know without a shadow of doubt God has me covered and I am not alone. What a blessing in my life these two studies have been on my emotional health. I know I'm on the right track.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found that God works with the willing and doesn't force the unwilling. I do hope you're right, that your husband will be willing to take the steps needed. And I'm glad you are feeling protected regardless.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I found that God works with the willing and doesn't force the unwilling. I do hope you're right, that your husband will be willing to take the steps needed. And I'm glad you are feeling protected regardless.
If he doesn't accept the gentle prodding and do the work that needs to be done -- that will be his mistake.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Katchie,

This is one of my favorite poems and your post reminded me of it today.

God's Heart

We don't know God's heart,
though we see
something that showers down around us
like rain over our hands.

We don't see His eyes,
though we sense
an imperceptible light over everything
as on a summer night.

We don't hear His voice,
though we find
roads everywhere and signs in our hearts,