Notices

Hello all

Old 07-31-2004, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Hello all

well I have been clean since july 4th for all those of you keeping up with me...it is crazy..It has been hard for me to get up every morning but it is soooo worth it...the feelings are incredable....umm anyway there is another addiction I have been struggling with and that is the addiction of being a cutter...I always turn to drugs or a blade if something goes wrong..well I have a counceling appt on monday so that I can try to better who I am as a person...I hope I am doing the right thing I hope that in the long run this is who I was destined to be...oh well that is alll for now I will talk to you all soon..and thank you soo much I welcome any advice that you all might have...
Old 07-31-2004, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rainbowflyer
I have very little experience with cutting, so I would be remiss if I were to advise you on what you should do. I'm glad you'll be seeing a counsellor and urge you to be honest with him/her about your self-destructive behaviour.
I am very proud of you for staying sober one day at a time! You are a good person.
Keep coming back, and be good to you.
Love Rowan
Old 07-31-2004, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Congradulations on your clean time . That is great . Counseling sounds like a good idea.Do you have a sponser yet ? Are you attending NA ? I know that cutting is a way to release internal pain . I ask you if you have a sponser because talking is also a way to release it and is not harmful to self .Thank you for posting about it that took courage ! Prayers to you ^ Trish
Old 08-01-2004, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

No I dont have a sponser and I dont go to meeting this is the only out i have right now...I am not sure where to start I guess I think no one can understand how I feel cause I can hardly understand
Old 08-01-2004, 09:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Congratulations on the sober time.

Counseling sounds like a good idea.

What some I have talked with told me about cutting...
Low self esteem. They didn't think anyone cared but once they found out... They are worth it. People do care. People do love them... the cutting slowed and then stopped.

SO know this.....
YOU are worth it.
YOU are loved.
You will find many on this site who truly do care as well.
Counseling should help you find other ways to express your feelings.
I am sure that the steps used for recovery in AA will help you discover....

Who you are as you always remember.... You are worth it.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gold Member

(((((((((((((rainbow)))))))glad your seeking help! Cutting can also be a form of addiction like getting a high off pain. At least that is what some of the kids I know have told me! If you cut, make sure you don't share razors! My daughter and a girl got caught cutting themselves together and If you must do it,please keep all objects clean and for your use only. I cried when I found out my baby was cutting herself, so my love goes out to you as well!