Notices

Question??

Old 11-04-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question??

I made it through day 1 without booze. I already feel a little more energetic, but hope that will continue to increase. I have been a heavy drinker for years. I have put on about 30 pounds, and feel sloppy and bloated all the time. I know from a lot of what I read, people do lose weight and their appearance improves after giving up booze. I really am hoping this will apply to me, and am hoping some of you will share some of the changes you experienced. I think it will help me stay motivated. Thank you in advance!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi FrumpyJay - I'm not a good case study cos none of that stuff happened to me at all lol - hope it happens to you tho

D
Old 11-04-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm on day 7, I've only lost about 4lb so far (I did lose 8 but sugar cravings have put some back on!) however my skin looks amazing! Well done on day 1. Keep posting especially if you feel yourself slipping. I almost slipped yesterday but I posted and everyone here kept me on track
Old 11-05-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi J the changes you speak of certainly happen i lost weight i started eating right working out reading cookinhg and yes it pays off

The true beauty is seeing the light inside of ppl that aliveness that zest to stay sober to encourage others to help ourselves stay sober

the true change for me is what happens on the inside thoughts feelings emotions

sobriety is a beautiful thing
Old 11-05-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Jay, I'm on day 22, have lost probably about 5 or 6 pounds and look much better -skin and hair are better- friends have commented, so it must be true lol
Old 11-05-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Over the first few months I dropped a few pounds to a normal weight, and overall started to feel and look better!!

Hang in there!!