Notices

Pissed, sober, but pissed

Old 11-03-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pissed, sober, but pissed

Hello All,

Good to be here. Good to be sober. I have almost a solid 6 months. Worst 6 months of my life.

The last time I went out I went out big, got a DUI, high bac. Was just sentenced to 6 months in work release. Luckily my employer has agreed to let me keep my job. I have two babies I can't see during that time. I've ruined my life. Lost my husband, kids, freedom.

I just found out 3 days ago my ex husband is screwing my exbest friend. Talk about a huge unmanageable that is absolutely driving me nuts. I can't understand the moral code of some people. When I say this to my ex husband, divorced a total of 2 months, he calls me a hypocrite. I can't wrap my head around my ex husband screwing someone who he hated for years. This friend who wouldn't even stand up for me in my wedding because she didn't want me to marry this guy. If I didn't have the DUI hanging over my head, I honestly think going out and drinking would have happened by now. I just have to think though about my sobriety, my kids, my life. Life will continue without him. I hate him. How do people do these things to other people?

Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just focus on your sobriety and your kids. You can't control what other people do.*****him. You can do this
Old 11-03-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

You should focus on your sobriety & children

Nothing else

Welcome to SR
Old 11-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Vent away, and Kudos for staying sober. Remember that no matter what their motives are, they are beyond your control. Also remember that there is many times no answer as to "why" people do what they do. Don't waste your valuable time chasingn question that has no correct answer.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened kellpow but staying sober really is a great decision for you and you kids

welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 11-03-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome!

Don't worry about 'why' he does these things. Just focus on your recovery.

I'm glad you joined us.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi kellpow, welcome to SR. congratulations on 6 months sober.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Periods of drastic change are so hard, but if you stick them out the pieces tend to fall into better places. You can't control what other people do, but you can work on becoming the kind of person you want to be for you and your kids.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, and vent away ! Sorry you are going through so much **** , but kudos to you or keeping it together for your kids. Think back 5 years ago, you have changed so much from then. Picture yourself in 5 years, you will be so much better off than now. Keep staying the course.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kellpow, there is nothing as strange as folks!

What can you do? Seriously, you can do something, you can live well, that is the best for you....keep going there is no answers in alcohol it will however prolong your pain and anguish. Live wonderfully well..head high.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you and ex's are ex's for a reason....
Old 11-03-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Kellpow,

I wish you strength to get through this with good decisions!

Originally Posted by kellpow View Post
I hate him. How do people do these things to other people?
People do these things for immediate selfish desires. It's self-destructive and destructive to others. It also has an insidious way of infecting the afflicted with nasty-negative soul-gunk. A depressive funk with an impressive punch, like a knelt-uppercut to the guts. Positively and negativity reverberate throughout the people in our lives, so clear as many negative people as you can from your life and focus on your sobriety/children. Allow space in your mind to cultivate positively and identify negative-flags from potential people that you may bring into your life. The best friends are the ones who make good decisions and even inspire us

I hope that wasn't too preachy. I only have 94ish days sober and really look up to your 6 months!! Congratulations, that is big inspiration for me! Best of luck and know that you have support here!

-SC