Notices

Big thanks for all the support last night

Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Big thanks for all the support last night

You guys got me through, and tonight was easier. I'm learning a lot right now. I realized that my cravings start in the afternoon when I start thinking about leaving work and picking up my daughter, driving home, putting stuff away, cooking dinner, packing lunches, cleaning, laundry, dishes, all the things I have to remember, and battling a three year old. Coming home in the evening really stresses me out, and that's when I want to drink. Once I'm done and my daughter's in bed, the cravings stop. I feel like a jerk for not enjoying time with my family, but I just don't. It's overwhelming. My husband doesn't usually get home until late and is too tired to help. He does help on the weekends though. So the time I want to drink is when I am stressing about having to deal with all the domestic stuff alone. This gives me some direction as to what I should be working on in therapy. I feel like I am learning new things every day right now. It hurts something fierce, but I guess that's how we grow.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you. It is so tough when it seems we have to do it all. Hang in there, you are doing great !
Old 10-16-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The comedian Louis CK has a bit where he talks about how you can look at your kids and have two equal thoughts simultaneously (paraphrasing): "I love you beyond words, I love OTHER people more because of how much I love you, the very fact of your existence has made me a better, more worthwhile person, and I regret every decision that led to your birth." That sounds so terrible but it makes me laugh anyway because I understand it :-) Hang in there, Briar. It sounds like you're making some hugely useful connections this week. It can't help but help. . . .
Old 10-16-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing better Briar

D
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
It hurts something fierce, but I guess that's how we grow.
Amen to that. I think a lot of our suffering comes from resisting what is. It is in our struggle and grief and complaint against it that we feel so crappy.

Somehow ..we need to accept and allow what is..without the resistance..the fighting against it.

I think the answer is in there somewhere...as I sit and struggle against my own "what is" this very moment.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Haha pupkin, it's so true! I love my daughter more than anything, but sometimes I'm like "what was I thinking?!" Parenthood is ridiculous.

Nuudawn I know what you mean. It's hard to give up the control and let things be what they are. That's scary. I was raised by an alcoholic parent, and everything had to be carefully balanced and controlled to keep him okay. I think that's probably where I got it. Then I go and start the same stuff in my own family, you'd think I'd know better.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on getting through it! my worst time is also teatime to my son's bedtime. You're doing this and you're doing great!!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done
Old 10-17-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Briar!!