Notices

Day 1 once again!

Old 10-12-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 once again!

Hi everyone! After a night of drinking and once again disrespecting a great person I woke up this morning (thankfully!) and found this site. I look forward to the support I know I will find here! I recently started drinking again after 6 months of sobriety and living healthy. I NEED to do that again except this time it has to be for the rest of my life! I wish you all a great and sober day and welcome any messages or tips on how to get the most from this site!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Good Morning Coffeenotbooze,

Read & post often. That't the best tip I can give to you relative to using this site towards a successful recovery.

Good luck on your sobriety. If at first you don't succeed... I'm a big believer in not doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results. If you subscribe to this philosophy as well, what will you do differently this time?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi coffeenotbooze, resolv makes a good point . I think that with very rare exception that most of us here have in fact done the same thing over and over hoping for a different result with alcohol, moderation and that cycle. Even though saying day one again (BTW that was also my first post on this site) is a disappointment for you, I don't believe your prior efforts are wasted. At some point it seems that all of the past efforts add up and the scales finally tip in favor of a life of sobriety. So never giving up seems to be key.

One thing that I found helpful was to hang out here for a few days and pick someone that I especially connect with....someone that has managed a year or more of sobriety. I then retraced their posts from their 'day one' to find encouragement and strength from them.
On a lighter note, there is a nice thread currently going about what we don't miss since quitting the drink....scan it and see how much we all share....you'll probably even smile. Have a great Sunday.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yay! Welcome to the forums. There is a lot of wisdom and hope here.

Well, you have six months experience.

It always ends the same for us when we try that experiment..

Just don't pick up that first drink. The first drink is the one that sends us right back to misery.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you joined us. You'll find lots of support and useful info here.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think just reading how others are doing and signing in daily support pledging another day of staying sober helps me. If I keep making that pledge in the morning it keeps my sobriety on my mind. I should probably pledge a few times a day after this last bender. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for the replies!
Resolv...I agree with you about not doing the same thing and expecting different results. I did it alone the first time and failed...that's why I came here!
Ive only been here a couple hours now but it feels good to know I can reach out to people. I wish I was on here when I went looking for a drink that day.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR coffeenotbooze

D
Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey Coffee! It's great to meet you.

I was drinking all day when I found SR & had been for decades. I never thought an online recovery site would make much difference, but I never left! The honesty, compassion, & support I've found here have been incredible. I hope you'll feel the same way & stay with us. You're not alone.