New Place

Old 10-09-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Place

Well I get the keys to my new place tomorrow. The kids still don't know because it's my son's birthday today. AH has decided he doesn't want to be a part of the conversation telling the kids. He goes back and forth as to whether he wants to go to court, let me have them.. or my favorite.. You take the girl and I'll take the boy.. UM.. NO WAY!

Today he said it was going to another city until we move out. That would be kind of nice but it also freaks me out a little. I don't really have movers lined up yet, the utilities haven't been moved to the new house, and just in general things are kind of a mess.

I feel excited and scared, happy and sad. Mostly I just want it all over with.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by isitme View Post
Well I get the keys to my new place tomorrow. The kids still don't know because it's my son's birthday today. AH has decided he doesn't want to be a part of the conversation telling the kids. He goes back and forth as to whether he wants to go to court, let me have them.. or my favorite.. You take the girl and I'll take the boy.. UM.. NO WAY!

Today he said it was going to another city until we move out. That would be kind of nice but it also freaks me out a little. I don't really have movers lined up yet, the utilities haven't been moved to the new house, and just in general things are kind of a mess.

I feel excited and scared, happy and sad. Mostly I just want it all over with.
Moving is stressful, so get good sleep and eat well.

When my parents split my father told my mom that he wanted me and my sister could be hers. That makes me laugh. When I read your husband's child division solution it reminded me of my father's initial solution. What are they thinking?

Good Luck!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG..you get one, he gets one?? HA...not!!!

Breathe, take it a moment at time.

XXX
Old 10-09-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are so close to having it done that you can almost taste it .. good for you!!! Do your best and everything will fall into place .. you will have 200 pounds off your shoulders! You will be able to do anything then..

Good luck with your move
Old 10-09-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know, the practical stuff will figure itself out. You'll figure it out. I got people to help me move whose last names I barely knew. A friend's 21-year-old Marine son volunteered to sleep on my couch for a few nights after AXH had threatened me.

As codies, we're often afraid to ask for help. But don't be. Ask at work, ask the kids' friends' parents. Most people are more than willing to pitch in with what they can when someone is in dire need of help.

And it probably would be wonderful if your AH left until you move, right? No more back and forth, no more arguing. You'll get the practical stuff done. You will. Because you've come this far!~
Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck with the move. I am hoping to be right behind you in the next few months. It is scary, exciting and stressful all at the same time.

Everything has a way of working itself out. If it seemd overwhelming remember to let go and let your HP take over. I pray you find the peace, happiness and serenity you deserve very soon.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes! I got my keys this morning! What an amazing feeling to find out I was one of 14 applicants.

He flip-flopped again last night so I think I'm just going to disregard everything he says at this point. Take as little as possible from the house and just be done with it!!

I can't wait to start my new life!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SO PROUD OF YOU isitme!!!!

Take what you need and cant live with out and leave the rest.

Enjoy your Serenity!!
Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are awesome!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was able to get all the utilites and such to be turned on by Monday.. if I have to walk out with my kids and the clothes on my back, we'll have heat, lights and an air mattress LOL

I'm still deep breathing.. the kids will find out sometime this weekend. That and the actual moving are the last hard parts
Old 10-12-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

All those feelings are good to feel and then let them pass. You are doing great!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

isitme......maybe have the kids make up their "own" individual bag...with a favorite toy and you include a storybook and a game...or crayons and paper, etc.
Kids often consider something "novel"..like sleeping on an air mattress...an adventure..
As long as you seem calm and confident...they will feel secure
(Read stories..make drawings...play games together)
That might also help you to "hold it together" in front of them...

dandylion
Old 10-13-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Isitme - I hope everything is going well with the move! Hold those keys, walk in that door and remember that is your space! you made it happen, and you are awesome!