Notices

Hit with the stomach flu and anxiety all in one day

Old 10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hit with the stomach flu and anxiety all in one day

Today was almost a spiritual experience for me, I was hit with a nasty bug I am puking my brains out and then the anxiety set it. However, I still did what I had to do, and that made me feel awesome about my day. Only regret was not being able to fill out any applications, I just wasn't in the mood. I still got my primary work done though.

Ick drinking alka seltzer, reading a book I got, and passing in and out of sleep. I hate being sick. However, I remember being sick and drunk, and sick and drunk is way worst then just sick.

As an aside, anyone have any ideas on goals setting. How in the world do you set goals. What type of goals should I set. I think I should think long term but then I think setting a goal for 3 months from now is nice, but doesn't help me today. Then I think focus on the day, and then I figure I will lose sight of the future. I feel neurotic in that way, setting good goals is hard. Advice?
Old 10-06-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon, too.

As far as goal setting: Start big and work backwards seems to work for a lot of people. Let's say you want to have a certain kind of job within three months. How far along would you have to be at the 2 month mark to get to the goal? The one month mark? The end of the week? What are the baby steps you can take today or tomorrow that will lead you to the end-of-the-week goal, the month-end goal, the ultimate goal?

What kind of goals should you set? From what I've seen of your posts on other threads, you have some great short-term goals already in mind, and you're already working on them. Maybe now's the time not to worry so much about longer-term goals-- get yourself more settled, and then you will have the clarity to know what the long-term picture for your life should be.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
As an aside, anyone have any ideas on goals setting. How in the world do you set goals. What type of goals should I set.
One thing that I have found helpful is the idea of "SMART" goals - which basically says goals should be Specific, Measurable, Assignable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.

SMART criteria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example, one person might say they want to lose weight. A better idea might be to say they want to lose 5 lbs. by November 1st. Vague goals get vague results.
-------------------

As for what kind of goals to set it, its really a personal decision. However, I think you can never go wrong with community service/helping others.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you feel better soon J.

Honestly the only goal I'd be looking at now is the rehab. I think it would be really good for you to have a time out for all the worry stress and responsibility you're continually shouldering and just have some time devoted to you and getting well.

D
Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi J

I agree with D
Old 10-07-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes Dee rehab good point! Right now I have $120 wife will work some today, and hopefully I can find day labor tomorrow or she can and I will have the power paid. Like I said, once the power is paid, I am checking into rehab. So I am still on schedule despite being sick to get to rehab hopefully by the end of this week or the start of next week. I am actually excited about getting a break. Still sick here, this sucks but hanging in there. I hate the flu, I mean hate the flu!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 04:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you get well soon J

D
Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Jeremy!!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Get well soon TDG. The flu sucks!