Notices

Got a sponsor

Old 09-29-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got a sponsor

I had four years once I had a sponsor for two and a half of those years survived on fumes the last year and a half. Started relapsing a year and a half ago had 4.5 months cause I got a sponsor and went threw the steps again. Then I fired him and quit AA and started relapsing again. I can't stay sober without AA. Almost got into a drunk driving accident over the weekend miss a van by 2 ft would of ruined my life plus I could of got hurt and so could of the women that was with me who I love. Hes a therapist for a prison works four days a week so I can see him on the weekend which is good. I hope hes a good sponsor my first sponsor recommended him.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had similar problems during my first two years trying to get sober. Finally in the fog a few things became evident that helps it work for me. Keep coming, study a meeting list and remember when. “Alcohol **ISM = Incredible Short Memory.”

BE WELL
Old 09-30-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
skg

Guidance

Some of us will go to great lengths to prove we cannot drink like other people. Ask me how I know...

There's a trick to dying sober and I personally have to have help doing it. I'd never consider going into the Maine Woods without a lot of survival tools and a guide who knew the hazards. It's the same with recovery for me today. I'm learning to stay on the path, practice my survival tools, follow the signs, and pick up the occasional Lost Ones along the way.

Don't be too hard on yourself--it's what we do. I had to come to the very end of my own Self and all of my best ideas before asking for help. Made Grace a whole lot easier to understand, too...