Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

In opiate withdrawal and dealing with a break up at same time

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The past 5 days have been the worst emotional pain ive ever had to deal with...pretty close. Im just finishing day 5 of getting clean and trying to remain optimistic. My girlfriend finally broke up with me after constant issues with my drug addiction. It kills me, and the symptoms i feel from opiate withdrawal kills me too.

Anyways i dont really know why i made this post. just felt like doing it! I'm really hopeful on staying quit this time. I'm never going through this hell again.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awe I'm sorry about your breakup! That must be so hard especially during WD! Do you mind explaining? You said you had problems because of your drug use. Is that why you've decided to get clean? Any chance of getting back together if you stay quit?
Old 09-13-2014, 10:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well im a girlfriend going through a break up bc of my boyfriends heroin use and he is trying to get clean. And I'm feeling the emotion pain. Focus on you tho. If your relationship is meant to be it will only work when you put ur recovery first.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Fallen, that's a lot to be dealing with all at once. Stay strong, focus on yourself right now. Get clean and you never know what the future will bring. Best wishes!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know what you're talking about its hard when the pressures of life are on your back too the most important thing is dealing with the drugs first that's what people have told me and worry about the other later I know its hard to let everything go but I think its true
Old 09-14-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel your pain comrade. I know what it is like to lose someone due to substance abuse and its complications.

This too shall pass, better days are ahead.