Notices

Third Times a Charm

Old 09-08-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Third Times a Charm

Getting ready to start my third attempt at breaking an addiction to hydrocodone. My dosage has been substantially lower lately and I've skipped several days in the last month. I think I am finally just getting sick of it. The last year has been such an internal battle. I am exhausted from that battle alone. Going to get off these things and get through the physical (easy) part and do whatever it takes to get through the paws (truly hard) part. The realization I'm coming to is that my whole way of living has to change. With that in mind, going to bed to get ready for day one.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Bdrign

D
Old 09-08-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi Bdrign. Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck for your big day! You are right. Everything has to change. But if you want it bad enough you CAN change it. I'm 4 months clean from a twenty year hydro addiction. I'm lucky to be alive with the doses I was taking at the end. Just know you have the power in you to do this and I am here for you!
Old 09-09-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Bd! What day are you on? How you feeling?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On day 1. The physical part doesn't bother me that much anymore. It sucks but I can deal with that for 4 days. It's the feeling of unhappiness and boredom that keeps getting me. It's destroying me financially though. I have to quit. So tired of everything at this point.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What is your longest period of not using?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alright...well lets do this!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Longest period of going without has been 30 days one time and 45 days another time in the last year. A few days here and there in between
Old 09-09-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Clean I am more than ready this time. I can't keep living like this. I wish I just had a timeframe on paws like the acute part. My biggest fear is being unhappy and bored for years
Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

45 days isn't enough to break out of this mess. I would say 6 months to a year to really see how it's going to be.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Free your mind

When I finally dumped my hydro habit it took several months to feel "normal." So give yourself some time. Remember your brain chemistry will be recovering from all the false signals the drug has been giving it all this time. I remember the depression and boredom of PAWS those first few months all too well - but it's a fleeting thing. As each day goes by it will get better, I promise. Maybe not easier, but better.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I know it's coming. Just sucks knowing happiness is a long way away.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty good so far. I know tomorrow will start the real fun. At least the physical part will be done quickly.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How did you guys deal with paws I don't know what it is but it has to do with the mental side of quiting right please explain
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Not everyone gets PAWS, Brian. Don't let that worry you right now
Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yeah cause I'm happier now than I've been in sometime thanks man
Old 09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Paws for me is just feeling unhappy in a general sort of way and being bored ALLLLL the time.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bdrign, glad you're feeling good today. I know the physical wds are really minor compared to the acute stage. What got me in all my relapses was the never ending fatigue. I'm learning to do things differently thus time. Exercise, exercise and more exercise. I promise you, it will absolutely help speed up the process plus it gives you confidence which we lack when we quit. Remember, drugs give us a false sense of confidence. It's not real, it's not us, it's a facade. As you greet each day, finding gratitude really helps too. It can be something as small as having water to drink or something big like a home and food to eat. Gratitude , mindfulness, meditation, exercise, fruits, vegetables, vitamins, acupuncture, therapy, meetings, hobbies, nature, animals etc etc are all arsenals in fighting this disease. One day at a time! Every day an addict stays sober is a miracle.

Oh and one more thing I did, I had to cut out any and all toxic people from my life, change the cell number.

This is my first hopeful try in years and I'm only a little over 30 days clean from my doc (oxy) but what's different this time compared to the 100's of other times is I want this more than I want to get high.

Watch the tape till the end. I think Cleanin, you told me that and I've been doing it. It works. Just one is never enough for an addict.

Good luck, we're here for you!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm on my third day and I know the road ahead is going to get bumpy I've made great strides in the last few days I've decided to cross that bridge when I come to it if I can go three days without painers I can whip the paws issue one thing at a time like I aa one dsy at a time that's a mindset I have to have thanks TE
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

So you guys are doing well? Sorry mia today. Im with hubs at the VAH. He's having eye surgery. Lazer surgery. It looks like you guys are doing good! Brian dont worry about PAWS like TE said not everyone gets it and if you do there are things you can do to make it easier for you.

Glad to see you are doing well Bd and determined to do this! Never give up! You gotta keep fighting the good fight!