On a bus

Old 07-22-2004, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On a bus

I was on the bus yesterday going to an unfamiliar area of town to pick up a book for class. Yesterday, wasn't a really good day for me but I looked up saw this poem and wrote it down. I don't know how much it helped yesterday, but I know it's helping me today. So I thought I would share it.

I believe in the rule of opposites,
that the two sides of a coin
are loss and greater loss, that grief dribbles
out of a bottle as effortlessly as
joy, and if you scoop up everthing sad
your hands will discover the texture of hope

by Jane Bailey
Old 07-22-2004, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((Marci)))) I love that!! In fact I copied and pasted it to my desktop hehe. Isn't it weird how inspiration and clarity can come out of nowhere like that? Just when your not looking for anything at all, boom! something pops out of nowhere and makes perfect sense. Thanks for sharing that GF, Hugs!! Teggie
Old 07-28-2004, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was another day of confusion for me and then I got on the train to go home and there was this poem again. I read it over and over and thought -Loss, my SO on one side of the coin. Greater loss, Me on the other side of the coin. But there is HOPE that I will find joy as effortlessly as I've found my grief. My hope today came when I was reminded that if I can scoop up all this sadness in my hands, hold it, recognize it, eventually I will feel again.

I have no idea who Jane Bailey is or why this poem is all over the city unless it's just there for me.

Thanks again everyone for letting me ramble on. I sometimes wonder how I would be feeling today if I hadn't stumbled upon this website.

I know I don't say much and sometimes I'm off track but I care for you all and really appreciate that you were willing and courageous enough to discover your texture of hope.

Marci