Notices

Day one again!

Old 09-07-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one again!

Made it 89 days sober and then I started to drink again. My family was in town and they drink a lot, so I just picked up a beer. That was the middle of July. I have been drinking a lot and I hate it. I can make it 4 days and then my AV just starts screaming. I have to remember one day at a time! Last night went camping and I was doing great an then the whiskey bottle was being passed around. I don't remember the rest if my night. Not even a fuzzy remembering either. I am so embarrassed so frustrated and so angry that I did that. I need to be better. I have to be better! For myself , my husband, and my children. The guilt had consumed me today.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

89 days is great! No reason to feel shame - you are able to get back on track! You can do this!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Go at things again, you'll get there!!

What support do you have in your plan, or is it sheer willpower you're working off?

I needed something outside of myself to get me past what my mind was trying to convince me to do, alone in isolation it could convince me to do anything, something to give you a 2nd opinion before having that beer or having that whisky!!

You can do this!!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree with purple knight
Old 09-07-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lunachild View Post
I have to be better! For myself.

For many the #1 is you. If that fails the rest fails just about automatically. It’s time to get back on the path of sobriety and renew the work of living sober even if you’re in the pits of the moment. Try to remember that if we don’t pick up that first drink we don’t have to try to get sober AGAIN.
There’s no guarantee for another chance taking as example what happens to so many.
Be grateful for today.

BE WELL
Old 09-07-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hey, I am the same, was 5 weeks to the day (counting in weeks - how optimistic), hen night Friday, sat there for 5 hours then caved in with the shots, mullered, and then again yesterday on the wedding day, buying shorts at the offie knowing will have to stop so am trying to squeeze in as much while I can as I still have the excuse this time. I am resigned to the fact that am gonna have to get used to these occasions, in future am just not going. I was ok as well, but still acted like a massive loud obnoxious ****.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've had the same experience. Had 54 days and thought one night of drinking wouldn't hurt...that led to a few months of tug of war...not drinking and drinking days between...never really stopping.

Led to some really scary experiences...I'm Lucky to still have my GF, and my employment...alcoholism is progressive...I drank in situations and times where I NEVER did before...I'm 11 days sober now...I won't be drinking ever again.

It might kill me next time...I don't want to find out.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Luna. I also had three months and decided to pick up again. Is ok, you're not alone. This disease is tricky and after a period of sobriety sometimes we tend to think we are cured. Only by trying to control our drinking again do we learn that we can't. Don't beat yourself up. I'm doing it again, back on day twelve, and you can do it too xo.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Had over a month but am on day one also. It sucks but it is what it is. Stick with it. x
Old 09-07-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had 64 days once. I've fallen off the wagon many times since then after only 1 or 2 days. I'm now at day 6. You can do it!!! Just take it one day at a time.