Notices

Using methadone to detox short term

Old 09-05-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using methadone to detox short term

Does anyone have have exerience using methadone short term (1 or 2 weeks to detox from heroin? or other oiates? I dont know what to exect once the methadone wears off. Would really appreciate any experience.

Sorry for my broken keyboard!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do from this past February. I was coming off a heavy H habit and planned to do a two week taper. Instead, I went through all of them in 4 days. It delayed the withdrawal for quite a while and I wasn't that sick until 6 days out. That is just my personal experience.

As a word of caution, I told a close friend of mine how I had done it and he tried it. Now he is addicted to both H and methadone. He is in a world of **** because of advice I gave him trying to help. When I did my short-term detox I knew I had no access for a minimum of 30 days. If you are dead set on doing it then I would say to be careful with access.

Also, I do a lot of stupid things and probably should have already died a few times over by now. Methadone is dangerous stuff and it is complicated to dose it. If you can see a doctor or at least talk to a doctor to give you guidance on dosing it would be best.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont have access to any more... and I too bounced back and forth between H and methadone... or H with methadone for a little bit. Ive robably had a total of 100 mg in the last 2 monts so we arent talking about a high dosage. I took 30 mg with H this week then 15 mg methadone on day 1 without H. 15 mg day 2. tomorrow is day 3 and I plan to ake 10mg tomorrow and 5 the following day. Then I am out. However, when I planned my taer I was unaware that my entie family would be leaving for 4 days beginning the exact tday i will run out of methdaone. that scares me! Being alone and anxious and bored are my worst triggers. So I woant to know when the wors will be and how bad it will be so I can either find someone to kee me company or go hibernate in the woods where Im too sick to hike out. Im so sick of this.... yet this voice in my head kees saying... just one more!. Do you think on such a low dose for such a short eriod of time that I will have a tough go of it once I run out?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you hike out to the woods and hibernate through detox of h and methadone, you will be the coolest dude here. That's some SAS/Delta/SealTeamSix stuff right there.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, in my particular case I only used the methadone for 4 days and went through 300mg. I felt basically no withdrawal for the first 3-4 days afterwards. Of course, it took a while for the methadone to get out of my system. At day 5 I could feel it starting, but it wasn't that bad. On day 6 it got tough and I ended up taking half a strip of sub that night. After that it was just a long drawn out withdrawal. I don't know what a pure methadone or suboxone (long-term) withdrawal feels like, but I didn't notice anything 'special' about the withdrawal.
It felt like a regular H withdrawal with the intensity turned down, but it lasted a long time.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your input Opiophobe. I think Im going to try to just take 5 mg tomorrow ... half of that the next day, etc. decrease by half each day. And then be ready for a long mild withdrawal. Im going to look into supplents to get myself healthy faster also.
How long is long time... just curious
And thank you... Id like to fancy myself a 120 lb Seal team member with lady parts

Old 09-05-2014, 09:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had to go back through my old posts to check actually. It looked like the first couple weeks (after taking the half strip of sub) were pretty consistent. I would say that it was half the intensity of CT, but twice as long (for the first two weeks anyway). Yours could be completely different though...so take it for what it's worth.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I havent slept moer than a few hours in days and its really starting to get to me. That and my entire family left on business for days so Im stuck staring at the wall thinking of all the ays i could feel better. But so far I havent given in. Havent taken the 5mg of methadone I had allotted for today either. Trying to just fight through. Why does it feel like this will go on forever? Any ideas on how to kee myself distracted?
Old 09-07-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I really think it depends on a lot of factors. The best advice can come from a doctor familiar with you. My bf is currently in a hospital detox and they are using methadone for withdrawals but he is still sick. And like someone else said u can try this and get addicted to both. Hospital detox if u can. Bc they can monitor and up or lower your dose as needed.