Notices

Painkillers anyone?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Painkillers anyone?

Tramadol in my case. I'm an alcoholic that managed to find my way to accomodating an addiction for prescribed pain killers. I can successfully avoid alcohol as long as my prescription has not yet ran out (of course my 2 week scrip only lasts a week).

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with kicking tramadol or any other prescribed pain killer? How did you beat it and do you have any advice for easing withdrAwl symptoms?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, man. Are you in the right place

Tram is kind of a beast because it is an opoid and an ssri. Wds are pretty rough. It's kind of like stopping an AD and codeine at the same time. Expect nervousness, depression and fatigue. Also, some classic opiate wd flu like symptoms. No fun but you can do it.

The best way to beat it is to stop taking them, cut off your supply and ride it out for a week or two.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hmmm, I was given this so I could lie still for 30 minutes to have an MRI done. I had to reschedule MRI because I was unable to stay on the table - pain was that bad.

I did manage to take a few one night after I did some work to get me through the night. 1 or 2 every six hours as needed for pain. The only time I took 2 was before I had my mri and after I spent a good amount of time painting one time.

I see the Dr today. I had 20X 50 mg, they lasted 8 days. Didn't take any yesterday or any aleve either. I want it to hurt when I see the doc. I noticed that I found myself looking forward to taking another one. It was only 8 days, and it's over 24 hours since my last one. I did notice it made me feel "good". That scared me. That really scared me.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Hmmm, I was given this so I could lie still for 30 minutes to have an MRI done. I had to reschedule MRI because I was unable to stay on the table - pain was that bad.

I did manage to take a few one night after I did some work to get me through the night. 1 or 2 every six hours as needed for pain. The only time I took 2 was before I had my mri and after I spent a good amount of time painting one time.

I see the Dr today. I had 20X 50 mg, they lasted 8 days. Didn't take any yesterday or any aleve either. I want it to hurt when I see the doc. I noticed that I found myself looking forward to taking another one. It was only 8 days, and it's over 24 hours since my last one. I did notice it made me feel "good". That scared me. That really scared me.
Yeah I would suggest caution. It does sound like you know what your doing though. I find myself doing 6x50mg on the day I get my prescription and am upto 12-14x50mg by the time my scrip runs out. 1-2 per day is the recommended dosage.

I experience withdrawl from them for a week out of each fortnight, promise myself that its the last time every time yet call the Dr and order a repeat script as soon as the calender allows.