Notices

Time

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time

Being sober I feel as though time flys. Especially at work. Maybe I'm just more engaged now. More motivated. I know some would say the opposite. Living drunk day in and day out. But I know my hungover days were so much slower. Painfully slower. I don't miss this struggle. Any thoughts?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have become acutely more aware of time since I stopped drinking; especially when I'm wasting it. You begin to realize that this thing we call Life is actually quite long. I still wake up pleasantly surprised each morning that I'm still here.

Sobriety is like a gift that keeps on giving.

Yesterday my son and I, who just turned eight less than a week ago, got all the way down to Delaware on the state alphabet. It's nothing he has to do for school. Each day, I think of new stuff off the top of my head and teach it to him. Last night I got the globe out and made him show me the seven continents. He already knows how to spell the days of the week and the months of the year so we started on states a few days ago. Of course, he's absorbing it all like a little sponge.

To illustrate how powerful time is, two days ago I couldn't spell Connecticut correctly if you put a gun to my head.

Now we both can.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done I love bbeing sober
Old 09-04-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-04-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Yes Arbor time does fly when you are not hungover and waiting for that time you can get your hands on a drink. I was always watching the clock obsessing about my next dose of poison. Kind of crazy when you think about it. Just one of the benefits of sobriety..your work day flies by..and I like that. Take care.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes I find myself doing more things. Proactively! Not enough time in the day for all I want to get done. That sure is a positive.

I thought of this yesterday. I was inspired a ways back by a post jdooner wrote. About how he invented a time machine. Found the fountain of youth. Sobriety !
Old 09-04-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I find it's a balance between time moving slower when I was hungover, but now Sober I have more overall time to do things because hangovers aren't writing off days at a time or my weekends!!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I always liked my job but I love it much more now that I'm sober. I'm so much more anxiety-free and I have fewer days I miss from work. Now that I have some sober time I honestly am not sure how I used to do it like I did day in and day out with a hangover!