Notices

Overflow of emotion...

Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overflow of emotion...

So i'm back at work today...After being sent home TWICE within the last 3 weeks. Really don't understand how in the world my employers/boss still have any faith AT ALL in me.

But i'm back....and they have given me tasks to do again. I'm anxious as hell now...I feel like if i don't get things done in a swift and efficient manner i'm under the *microscope*.

Had a small breakdown behind closed doors...Started crying my eyes out for a few minutes...Which was immediately followed by intense ANGER at my past that led me to this point.

AA meeting in 40 minutes. Struggling through. Emotions are going nuts...Hard to focus on a job when feeling this way.

I'll get through. Just needed to post AGAIN. Thanks SR.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I came clean to my employer in May when I got my 2nd DUI (they don't know about the first one as it was many years ago) ...but I did decide that I was going to just throw my cards on the table as my drinking had escalated to the point where it was affecting work. I knew they must have known *something* was up with me.
I took a week off and checked into a detox and have been back at work since May 26.
I haven't missed a day or been late in the whole time.
Just take one task at a time and don't overthink things. Your employer must see something in you b/c they DID take you back. Remember that.

I won't say it's been easy peasy everyday. I run an office so deal with people all day, everyday. In my office, on the phone. I'm the first point of contact, so I get to deal with the crap and have to stay happy and positive. Some days are tougher than others. Like today - I'm glad today is my alone day with no practitioner/patients in the office b/c I am crusty.
Hang in! One day at a time
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there And, it's good to cry - lets the tension out
Old 09-02-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there and keep pushing through!!

SR is in your corner for support!!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there this is normal it happened to me

Keep posting and ppl have faith in you for a reason !