Financing treatment

Old 07-20-2004, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Financing treatment

My brother is in a 28-day program, but his workplace insurance will only cover 8 days. Kevin has NO financial resources of his own (is in the process of filing bankruptcy). Does anyone know how we might go about locating financial support for patients who can't afford the cost of treatment? A social worker friend told me he'd be better off without a job and insurance, because then the state would pay.

kgm
Old 07-20-2004, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure but maybye checking with your local MHMR facility? I think they may know of some possible resources for your brother or if they don't maybye they could guide you in the right direction. Let us know what you find out, thats good information to know about as many peeps I am sure fall in that crack. Hugs! Teggie
Old 07-20-2004, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know if this will help, but here it goes. My daughter went to treatment at 15, the insurance company did not want to pay for residential treatment and turned us down. I appealed and by Texas law they were required to hire an outside firm/counselor/doctor to evaluate her records and determine the length and type of treatment she needed. We ended up getting 30 days of residential treatment. Good luck.