Notices

Rats.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rats.

Well. Last night I drank with my husband on our 40th anniversary. After 22 days sober. I am so disappointed in myself and really surprised that the urge and the action came on so quickly. All day I did not even think that that would happen. In fact, I had been reading an RR book and really thinking about the addictive voice. My husband does drink and was not the one who could help me at all. I needed to have gotten on SR and asked for help. But... I even had a thought that I could just pretend that it didn't happen and that I could lie to you all. What the h*****???
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get back at it Inchworm. I completely understand you with a non-alcoholic partner. I have cried my eyes out, absolutely begging with every inch of my being for support from my boyfriend and he says he supports me. But then, we might have a dinner and I reach for the wine and instead of helping me and telling me "NO" he says "ah, you've been so good, tonight is appropriate to drink anyway, it is not like you are getting wasted during the day!" and he means to be nice, he does, but he just.doesnt'.get.it. Hang in there and get back at it.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, Inchworm, I understand how disappointed you feel but I'm so glad you found the honesty and courage to come straight on here and 'confess'. Chalk it down to experience and start again. You'll have learnt a great deal from your 22 days - and from this slip too - which should stand you in good stead

And belated congratulations on your ruby anniversary - that's fantastic!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, does your husband know you've committed to being Sober?

Go at things again, but changing up your plan moving forward is going to be needed, more support, less activities involving alcohol for the first few weeks/months, did you guys go out for dinner?

You can do this!!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My husband is aware of my sober commitment, Purple Knight, but I think he doesn't like to drink alone. He thinks he can moderate and, for the most part, he does that better than I have done. We went out for dinner and that was a mistake. Too soon.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Learn from the event. Strengthen your resolve. And get back on track. That is all that you can do. And that is what you must do.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you relapsed.

I think you need to know that you can do this on your own. Whether or not your husband supports you, you can do what you need to do for yourself.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

don't beat yourself up, move to your next plan- try not to make the same mistakes over and over (this is easier said that done).

I only got sober when I stopped "giving up drinking" and in the face of no other options decided to 'embrace sobriety' and hang on for dear life. Things became so much simpler and easier.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I may be one of the ones that don't get it,but I think 22 days is great. Just get back on and try again.