Notices

back from holiday

Old 08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back from holiday

boo-hiss...as Frank N Furter says in Rocky Horror "I want to come again and stay".

The once a year thing, well I think it needs to increase. We take one very planned out holiday and then some little things, like Disneyland (we live in CA) and I think my head will explode if I have to go to DL again...although it's inevitable with a 4-yr-old

Ok, enough rambling...Sat next to a lady on the plane yesterday drinking what else? white wine. My favorite. And few were drinking, and the ones who were were drinking mixed drinks...but the forces that be put the white wine drinker next to me. Funny though because I didn't crave it. I glanced at her little bottle of wine and thought, okay, muddled thinking, tiredness, not being as present in the moment. And I enjoyed my non-alcoholic drinks. She probably had 2-3 little bottles. I mean she drank the entire 5 hour flight. And she looked very unhealthy. And it looked like she was doing work stuff on a laptop and I thought, so she probably has to go to work tomorrow and the flight is getting in at 10:30pm. So she'll feel like crap tomorrow morning. I didn't envy her drinking.

I was so nice to my husband. I actually shared my earphones with him and let him watch a movie on my iPad with me. He has complained in the past that I never offer and I didn't! I was like "me time!"...and I would watch a movie on my iPad and drink my booze...

Hey, I survived people walking around with drinks 24/7 for 8 days...I had to order drinks at bars...iced tea or soda or juice. Even my kids had to order their drinks at the bars. It was okay.

I remember a year ago, on holiday, drinking and lounging about like an iguana (there were tons of iguanas! like real ones at th4 resort) anyhow, so this time I managed tennis and just generally being more active. Although I eventually had to ask my husband if he thought I lost weight because he never said anything. He said I had but when you have to ask it never feels sincere, it feels like a forced answer, but I think I have lost weight.

But I have a vivid memory of the holiday pics taken a year ago and how most were ruined by my big bloated body and face...I mean it would be, I was the only one who looked horrible. I was the one who ruined most of the photos. I remember my husband took some great photos but having me next to him, well, we just shouldn't have taken photos together.

Well back to school time, it will be different sober.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad it all went well!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you survived SJ.

Well done!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done and it has given me hope for my holiday as I am going to the south of France in a couple off weeks.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome home! Glad you had a good and sober time.