Notices

Wishing You All Another 24

Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Wishing You All Another 24

I have been just relaxing listening to sum music making dinner and reading thru threads and I must say I've just recently joined and am very proud of this community and how much help and support you get from here. I have been sober as of yesterday 5 mos. thru the Grace of God. There is Sooo much Graditude and Humility I have for My Higher Power I am like so many of us very controlling and my way or the highway. Even to this day I battle with that daily, but thru my daily meditations, prayers first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening and of course myself and AA. I am finally having a little peace with myself. You know one of the hardest struggles I had was feeling so Alone. I Isolated my drinking and life in the last four years, tried my hardest to convince myself that I was hurting no one, Yea Right most Important one of All I was Hurting, Myself. But anyhoo now with finding this site it reaffirms my belief in what I am doing is Right cause like others I don't always attend AA regularly or as much I would like or just plain don't want to. One thing that AA gave Me was the security of knowing that I ain't suffering thru this Alone whether it be my first hour or 27yrs in, there are others out there that know what I am going thru No matter our race, gender, income, where we live, religious beliefs, age etc. It's No Longer A Lonely Battle I can come here 24/7 and know I am amongst Friends and I Love You All for That. You All Help Me with Your Stories and just being Here So I am another Brother out here in the middle of the Navajo Reservation in the U.S. dealing with Life, Love, Work, Soberity and Everything else under this Beautiful Sky of Mother Earth another 24hrs and sometimes moment by moment So Hang In There All My Family We Can Get Thru Another Day Together. Ayor anosh 'ni (ILove You All)
Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree Herez - it is no longer a lonely battle. It made all the difference to me. I found the courage to change my life.

I'm glad you're with us - and congratulations on your 5 months of sobriety.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, you are not alone in this!!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. You'll find lots of support here. Congrats on five months sober!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I agree Herez - it is no longer a lonely battle. It made all the difference to me. I found the courage to change my life.

I'm glad you're with us - and congratulations on your 5 months of sobriety.
Thank You. You know one of the other things about the loneliness part was I came from a small family and All my family mother alcoholic, dad died from it, brothers and sister alcoholic. All have told me at one time or another glad thats working for you just don't literture us. I did a geographical change so don't have any real friends. Aquaintances from AA but no friends yet, fellow co-workers all abusers. So I had to really rely on my own personal strength I guess to be selfish cause I really finally wanted to change and to be Happy. I first became aware of AA at the age of 19 and accepted I was alcoholic then for the next 25yrs I Battled My Demons and Self-Will and Lost Everytime. I've Hit So Many Bottoms But I guess as the saying goes "you get sick and tired, of Being sick and tired" So as much as I Love AA I've realised that I can't Always depend on others to get Me Thru this, Believe Me I would in No Way Not Discourge It, I just realised I Have to Want It and Do It Myself! But Never Without My Higher Power, Thank You Creator. But Like everything else there are those days when things and times get a little ruff and it's Great Now to know I have SR 24/7 and don't have to wait till tomorrow to get Help.