Notices

another try - for good this time!

Old 07-19-2004, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

another try - for good this time!

Hi,
On 22 July, I give it the "old college try" again. This has been a very long journey for me, with some really weird twists in the road.
This time, I am trying a new approach that I have been reading about. I found it on
http://www.cognitivequitting.com/
It is a method to help us identify feelings associated with smoking. I know stress has always been a downfall for me.
But, with this method, one gets an hour timer, and each time the bell rings, we record our feelings. As we begin to identify them more clearly, from the good to the bad, we can take steps PRIOR to our quit to adjust to them in a more appropriate manner. You know, rather than lighting up a ciggie.
What I know for sure is that I want to quit. I am reading and trying very hard to learn as much as I can to deal with the "emotional smoking" that I have a tendency to do.
I haven't yet decided whether to go cold turkey or use the patch. Zyban is OUT after my experience with it.
If anyone else has tried this method, would you please share your experience with me? I would appreciate it!
I wish everyone the best with their quit.
Thanks all!
Shalom!