Please help

Old 03-09-2002, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
He who laughs, lasts.

Unhappy Please help

I am a very newby. I will be going to my first meeting Tuesday. I am not unfamilliar to the AA program, since my mother is a sponser of many for over 20 years and sober. She was drunk for 10 years before AA changed her life forever. My father was (died in 1969) A as well. Now my oldest son is definately an A and always in trouble with the law, as is His father who is in prison for life all because of A. I am in a divorce now. Seems like I married a DA this last time. These people surround me! My life has been beyond any description of misery. My husband left me Valentines Day, because of my son! I just can't figure any of this out. An addict hating an alcoholic, and blaming me for it. Well, I finally called my mother and asked for her help. She has been tremendous and encouraging. No where the person she was when I was a teen. But, I have a few days till I can get to a meeting. SO I need desperately something to do first. OR I will sit in this house and go totally nuts, flip out and go over the edge. Can someone offer up someting I can do till I get to the meeting? I would be so grateful because I am falling apart completely and totally. I am willing to make a life change no matter what I have to do! Thanks to all
Beginning2c
Old 03-09-2002, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Dear Newbie, I am not an expert on A's by any means-- but until you can get to the meeting I'm sure you will find it very helpful to post here- I have found everyone here to be SO nice, and understanding, and everyone here has had some form of misery at one time or another due to the A's in their life. How wonderful that your Mom has been so understanding and supportive for you!! It sounds like she is a changed person. Anyway good luck with everything and I'm sure you'll find the meeting helpful. Hugs,MK
Old 03-10-2002, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Beginning2c!
Welcome to the recovery forum!

Until you can get to a meeting, how about you borrow your mom's copy of the big book? When you see the kind of advice alcoholics are giving each other, you will begin to understand just how much this is out of your control.

Keep posting!
Smoke
Old 03-10-2002, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi!
I caught alot of your story when you responded to My post...I am so glad to hear that you have a place to stay and some sort of emotional support. How about an open AA meeting...those can be great and you could pick up alot of reading material. I liked the suggestion about your mom's Big Book. I see myself in many of their stories, just proving that I am as affected by this disease as they are. Or the library. You can find all kinds of informative reading there. And above all else...be kind to yourself today...take a walk or watch a movie (a comedy or you will be bawling all over yourself) or eat some ice cream! Find something to be greatful for, there has to be something. Like I said in my last post...with all those men gone your bathroom will be MUCH cleaner!! Love, Tired
Old 03-11-2002, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

Hey Beginning! Welcome here! You don't have much longer until your meeting, since it is closer to Tuesday. Come here though, and make your posts, post as much as you want, I find it really helps. I agree with the others that it is great about your mom and her sobriety. Hang in there, and I bet you have found some things to do, I know how that is at times. Take care, and keep coming back here. There are great people here!!
Love&Prayers,
bonbon
Old 03-11-2002, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI beginning2c

WELCOME TO THE SITE..........

SAngelfive