Notices

HAS to be the final day

Old 08-09-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
10/03/2014

HAS to be the final day

I am so tired of this disease and what it allows me to do. I love the sober me, but one bad decision, to pick up, can ruin all that.
I don't want to hear "relapse happens". It doesn't have to and many on here prove that.
I would appreciate constructive encouragement, suggestions etc.
Hope this doesn't sound witch. Just need help getting it together before I get to a point of no return.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hello lastchance4me,

I admire your point of view on relapse. Your addict/alcohol voice is persuasive, but controllable. Prepare for it. Arm yourself with distractions. A walking route, sudoku, I hear ice cream works well for some. Like you said, never pick up. Visit & post (SR) often. God speed. Resolv
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance4me View Post
I am so tired of this disease and what it allows me to do. I love the sober me, but one bad decision, to pick up, can ruin all that.
I don't want to hear "relapse happens". It doesn't have to and many on here prove that.
I would appreciate constructive encouragement, suggestions etc.
Hope this doesn't sound witch. Just need help getting it together before I get to a point of no return.
Hi. I am not one to say "relapse happens", I've been sober for almost 5 months....and I have been telling myself that if I relapse , there is always the chance that I won't come back I can't afford to take that chance, and neither can you.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi lastchanceforme Don't ever give up. It can be hard, but you can do it. Don't take the first drink, no matter what. I know that makes it sound easy, but you can do this. I lived in the chat room in the early days. Post often. Take care of yourself. Eat right, rest and drink lots of fluids. Oh, and eat ice cream. That worked great for me. LOL
Old 08-09-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with airwick. I am 25 days sober after drinking heavily for the better part of 30 years. I am afraid that if I drank again it would take me another 30 years to quit again.

But also for me I don't want to drink one drink. If I drink I would drink to get drunk. One drink won't do that. So for me if I can say no to the first drink I won't be drunk for the next 30 years.

Based on that it's easy to say no to one drink!