Courage To Change 08/08/14

Old 08-08-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 08/08/14

In Step Six I contemplate my life undergoing change— tremendous change. The great fear is this: If I shed many characteristics that stand in my way, what will be left? It is as though I face a great void, a terrifying unknown. Yet when I acknowledge how far I have come, I can see how much I want to change. The desire to grow and to heal has brought me to this uncomfortable point, because I am tired of the way I have been. My Higher Power is there to guide me when I am ready. I find solace in the fact that in Step Six I need not change anything; I must simply prepare myself for change. I can take all the time I need. Such manageability is what I set out to find in the first place. Now it is a part of my life.

Today’s Reminder
I need not judge the rate at which I change old habits or ways of thinking. If I am uncomfortable with old behavior, then on some level I am already
moving toward changing it. Change will not be effective unless I am ready for it. I need only trust that, when the time comes to move forward, I will know it.
“Remind me each day that the race is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upward into the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well.”
Orin L. Crain
Old 08-08-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I apologize for posting the daily reading late today but I got food poisoning Wednesday which completely whooped me then I had an evening shift followed by an early morning shift this morning. Al Anon taught me if nothing else to take care of myself and put the oxygen mask on first so I crashed and took a long nap..I feel much better now.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better!