Notices

Using diazepam to aid sleep?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using diazepam to aid sleep?

Hello everybody, I am Matt and I am wrapping up my second day sober and have had probably 14 hours total sleep over the last 7 days. As many of you guys I'm sure have experienced, the combination of early sobriety with the accompanying emotions is wrecking havoc with my sleeping patterns, which is not helping the depression. I am looking for a sleep aid that will help me get me a good night's rest but I am living in India and they don't have simple Tylenol or Advil PM here. At the "chemist," their term for pharmacy, I have been met with no's when asking for sleep help, until tonight when a guy reluctantly gave me diazepam. A quick Google search revealed some risky possible side-effects, including worsening and prolonging depression, especially after extended periods of use. I am planning on going to the hospital tomorrow to see if I can get something less risky prescribed to me, but I'm torn between the possibility of a good night's sleep with its use and the risks it poses. If anyone has any experience they could share to make this decision any easier for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and be well!