Notices

10 days sober...QUESTION

Old 07-26-2014, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 days sober...QUESTION

I have found that my cloudy head feeling, anxiety, shakiness, anxiety, and sweating is THEE worst right when I wake up for atleast a few hours, and once again when in the evening when I start feeling tired.

My anxiety also gets TERRIBLE in big crowds. I barely survived walmart earlier.. I tried to act normal but felt like I was too anxious to even look at people.... :'( I hope this anxiety gets better! Can't take it much longer.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

10 days is still early days, the body can't heal from years of drinking in only a matter of weeks, it's gonna take time, give your body a chance!!

Hang in there!!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Are you able to define what you are anxious about?
Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anxiety is very common in early recovery. It will get better with more sober time. Be patient. You will settle down.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are doing great. 10 days is awesome. It gets better with time. Take it slow and easy. Shop when the crowds are not there if possible. Remember HALT. Hungry, angry, lonely, and tired. Try to avoid these. Someone told me to treat myself like I had the flu in the early days. Rest, eat well, don't over due. You are worth taking care of. I will be praying. You can do this, and it does get better.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 10 was HORRIBLE. It is honestly going to be the thing I focus on if I get the urge to drink again. I never want to feel like that- ever. I was foggy, anxious, felt I wasn't even in my own body at times, headache, eye ache, could barely put two sentences together. But day 11 was better, 12 even better than that. I was a little off this morning (14) but from what I've read, it seems that this will be the norm for a while. Stay strong- it will get better- that's what everyone says!

Lisa.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know exactly how you feel. I'm on day 14 now and not feeling great. The urge to drink lessens each day though so I'm hoping the anxiety will too. If anything it must remind us not to put ourselves through this again.