Notices

I can do this!

Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can do this!

Hello!
I'm new to this site. I am 2 days into my recovery but this is not my first attempt. I've been drinking heavily on a daily basis for 19 years with a few breaks in between, my longest being 23 days. This was because my GGT was very high and I was afraid of dying if I didn't get my act together. Shortly after I had my 25th class reunion and fell off the wagon again and haven't been able to stop drinking.I'm happily married 24 years this year and have two wonderful adult sons. One has been sick for the past year that has caused me much stress and continuous anxiety( I've had anxiety all my life). I spent many hours reading your threads yesterday( in which I stumbled on to this site by accident) and could relate to so many of you and your stories. I know I can do this because I am ready! Having a place to go to is going to help me.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR, Reese! Congrats on 2 days and the decision to live a sober life!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! You can do this!!
Old 07-17-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Reese,

Just make up your mind to do it, and do it. Welcome here.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Reese! Great to meet you.

I thought I was helping my anxiety by drinking. Also thought it was enhancing my life & making it more fun. In the end, I was drinking round-the-clock and couldn't find my way out. I never intended to become dependent on it! Finding SR was the best thing that could've happened - I had people to help me who truly understood. I hope you'll feel the same. You're never alone.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes you can do this. You are capable of amazing things if you put our mind to it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to have you here. I stumbled on this site by accident to. Or maybe it was heaven sent. Im on day 13 now. These people have really helped. I really needed to talk to people that truly understand.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Reeseminime
I think support is very important - and you'll find a lot of that here

With anxiety you might actually be making the problem worse with alcohol as withdrawal anxiety can be considerable if you've drunk regularly for a long time.

The first few weeks can sometimes be a little rough - but like I said - lots of support and understanding around - you're not alone here

D
Old 07-17-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you, Everyone for welcoming me. So far I'm doing quite well today( no side effects, yet) like I've experienced before the first few days. Don't know if any of you know but drinking a cup of warm fresh squeezed lemon water first thing in the morning helps to flush your kidneys and liver, so I do this as well as taking the supplement Tumeric twice a day. So, even if you have been sober for sometime, it's proven to help in the healing process.