Codie Vacation Grade B+

Old 07-14-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codie Vacation Grade B+

Hi!

I stood up for DS during vacation!

Day 3 of vacation DS had had it with my codie overbearing Mom. He started to cry hiding behind a menu. I sent him off to calm down with RAH.

Mom - "You need to get him on our time zone. He needs to be more accomodating to us. The problem is his iPad."

CJ: "He is on vacation. He does not need to be on anyone's time zone but his own. He has been participating pretty well for a 13 yo. The problem is not the iPad."

Mom - (cuts off CJ) "Well I'm not going to take away his iPad - YOU are. YOU are the parent."

CJ: (replied calmly) "Mom, you do not even probably realize it, but you are the problem. You keep telling him what to do and he absolutely hates it. He is crying because you told him 4 times what to eat for lunch. He can make up his own mind."

Mom - SHOCKED!

Father - SILENT.

CJ - I went on a bit from there with 2 other examples of her ordering him around and bossing him around, but stayed calm. The world did not explode. Vacation went on. My mom was MUCH better behaved with DS. I let it go and did not pursue the topic any further.

However, I totally did rag about my family to my in-laws and I should have just kept my darn mouth shut. In the future I hope to find a better release than bad mouthing my FOO. That it why I gave myself a B+. I talked to RAH about it last night and he said, "At least my family won't say anything to anyone..." But it still wasn't right.

I really had a pretty nice week away!
Old 07-14-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heh. I went on vacation with my kids and narcissistic mother a couple of weeks ago, and she was trying to make me do something, I said no, and she said, "You are really controlling, aren't you?!" HA! Me not saying "How high?" when you tell me to jump is not being controlling.

Good on you, mama. Sometimes family is family is family.