Doing it alone :(

Old 07-13-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing it alone :(

I have asked several people if they were going to be around tonight , so I could have some help with getting my ex's things together but everyone is still going to be down the shore I didn't tell anyone I needed help just basically asked to see if they were going to be around.. My only thing I'm concerned about is getting his dresser down the steps by myself, but I'm just going to pray and do the best I can.. After tonight everything will be out and I shouldn't hear from him anymore... I'm sure I will but I won't have to respond... I'm hoping I find the strength within to be able to get through this alone..
Old 07-13-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kkallday---the strength will always show up at the exact moment you need it..that is how courage works. We (you) always have more than we think we do...until it is the only option left!!

You are already showing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't break your back on the stupid dresser....you can always get someone to help you put it out on the porch and let him pick it up at his leisure.
His lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on your part.....LOL.

dandylion
Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it!! I understand being alone...I struggled with that because I have no close family of origin which made it hard for me to leave separated AH as well. It will not always be like this. This is just the hard part. Once you get passed this physical part you can start making your new life and finding peace.

You are not alone ok? We are all here for you. Maybe not physically, but in the ways it counts. When I was sick with cancer, bedridden, and AH abandoned me and all I had were the people on this board I felt so isolated. I made in through that and if I can then you certainly can too.

Come on here as much as you need to...Private message me anytime. I will be praying for you...
Old 07-13-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's really hard to ask for help. I get that. Most of us have been holding everything together ourselves for so long that it becomes a point of pride. Many of us can't stand to show vulnerability, it is too needy...why, I don't need anything, I take care of everybody else (codependent). I really dislike asking for help. But I think you need to tell someone, or more than one person, that you're not asking if they are around in order to catch a movie. You really need help on this one occasion.