Notices

Am I still in the detox stage?

Old 07-07-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I still in the detox stage?

Hello everyone
Today is my 6th day of being clean from taking narcotics. First I started out with Vicodin, then Percocet and then finally the one that really messed my life up, roxicodone. I guess I won't get too much into my story since this is not the right forum. So, I've been taking suboxone, well actually subutex but they said it was basically the same thing, for 5 days, up until yesterday. I'm over the bad withdrawals now but I'm have horrible cravings for a Roxy right now. Actually I've been craving them the whole time but today is really bad. The reason I stopped the subs was because I was experiencing bad side effects. They aren't as bad as what the suboxone was doing to me when I tried taking that a few months back. So even though I haven't had any subutex since yesterday I'm still feeling the side effects. I am really dizzy and I feel like a complete zombie most of the time. Also I'm scared of taking the subs for too long and becoming addicted to yet something else because I've heard some horror stories of being addicted to them and having to go through withdrawals and the whole 9 yards and I don't want to have to deal with that because what am I suppose to take to help the withdrawals from the subs? Nothing. Please somebody comment with some advice. Thanks
Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my experience taking the subs for a short time frame to help with detox would delay the withdrawal. I was taking high doses of it, and when I stopped the subs it would take quite a while to get properly dopesick. On the third day off of the subs I remember thinking that it was a miracle because I wasn't sick. On the fourth day it took a turn for the worst.

You may not be out of the woods yet as far as the withdrawal goes.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok then I think I should start back on them. I didn't know it could delay the withdrawals but I feel worse today than when I was taking the subs.
Thank you for your reply!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SugarTax - I had spent countless hours trying to find a painless way to withdrawal. What I concluded was that there is no easy way out. I am sorry that you are struggling right now. There are folks that use the subs for a fairly long period of time and get off of them successfully. It does appear to be a difficult process though.

I do think that you are at a crossroads right now. Do you have a plan for how long you want to be on the subs? Are you going to make changes over the period of time that you are on the subs?
Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lovin Life

SugarTax hello I just typed out a huge reply and some freaking how it was erased one sentence short of me posting it. But anyway I really want to share my story with you but just dont have it in me to retype out what I just did before it was erased. I will try again either later on tonight or tomorrow. Just a little insight as to what it will be about. I just quit opiates 23 days ago using Suboxone after using opiates for close to eight years. Be strong. And I will retype it out at the latest by tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime congrates on choosing to be sober. Take care.

Last edited by Hateadiction; 07-09-2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling LOL
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No experience here. But I'm thinking of you
Old 07-10-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think we all try to duck and dodge the inevitable but there is really no easy way out of it in terms of wd. Unless someone does replacement/maintenance, of course.

The good thing is, it won't kill you and can make you alot stronger. For me, wicked wds were really beneficial in leaving this stuff behind.