Notices

New to the site. Looking to make changes

Old 07-06-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site. Looking to make changes

I'm not sure where to start. I've got to a dark place with my drinking and I want to stop. I've lost control on how I act when I'm drunk. I started blacking out and becoming violent. I've never been violent in my life but I feel it could be stemming from suppressed stress that bottles up and comes out when I'm completely blacked out. I've hurt some people in my life and I'm not sure what is the first step to quitting drinking. I need to make these changes and I need help, thus why I am here in these forums.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Welcome!

Many of us found this site through a dark place as well. Just know that you have already taken the first step needed to quit drinking...you decided you want to. Depending on how much and how often you drink, there may be some withdrawal symptoms, but they will pass. Medical attention may be necessary as well. All i can say is keep coming here, posting and being involved will help you as much as it will help all of us. Also, find some things to do with your time to replace alcohol. The less your mind can wander, the less the inner voice will tell you to drink.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Jj - Great first step - This is a great support here & you are in good company!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im afraid my actions may have completely damaged a relationship of mine. I've known now for awhile that I wanted to quit but I thought I could keep it under control. I'm 28 and I have been drinking since the age of 13 but it hasn't been until this past year I've started to have black outs. When I would black out I would be a goof ball but no I have become violent. I woke up to holes in the wall and broken items in my house. I have no idea what caused it or recollection of doing it. The only thing I can think of is the stress in my everyday life was causing these violent out lashes. I've never considered quitting before because I do enjoy the odd drink here and there but now I feel like I cannot control it anymore and I want to change my life. I want to know I can quit this and stay off of it. I just don't know how I am able to do that. I'm ashamed that I have let myself get to this point. I have a good heart and soul but I'm terrified of what I become when I get to that point with my drinking.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welceme to the Forum Jjmarty!!

For me dealing with alcohol in my life was the first step to healing/fixing everything else, sort out the thing you can sort out and the rest will take care of itself!!