Notices

A Plan

Old 07-03-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Plan

So, I have been all about putting my focus on obstaining from alcohol during the last 18 days. As I have been reading through many posts, it has become clear to me that to truly succeed on this new journey, I need to adopt a plan. AA is not for me but I am very interested in AVRT. Any recommendations on which book I should read first? Also, I'd welcome any other thoughts or tips on this technique.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days! I'm not familiar with AVRT so can't really help you there. If you ever try AA though, hit me up...it's saved my life and so I recommend it to and for everyone : ) But, I know other programs seem to work better for some, so good luck with the AVRT!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I explored AVRT the last 16 times I tried to stay sober. It didn't help much for me but different things work for different people. I don't buy into all of the stuff AA teaches but so far it's helping me... being with other people trying to be sober... sharing stories... having a sponsor I need to be accountable to every day... etc. I take what I need and leave the rest.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Have you been to the Secular Connections forum here?

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

If not, start with the stickys there.

Also, if you haven't, go to the Rational Recovery website and read everything there.

https://rational.org/index.php?id=1
Old 07-03-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In conjunction with recovery options, the plan can simply be activities to do each day, sitting in during evenings doing nothing is simply abstaining from alcohol, but planning ahead activities can make all the difference, what do you want to do now you're sober? during your evenings? your weekends?

Sobriety for me helped me regain my life back, YOU now get to choose what you want to do with with your life, all that reclaimed time!!