Notices

Challenge last night

Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Challenge last night

I had to go out of town for a very short and not-so-sweet business trip. Flew out last night and arrived just after 9. By the time we got to the hotel, the only place close that was still open was the restaurant pub. The person I was travelling with asked if I wanted to go there and I said sure because I was starving. Luckily there was a table available away from the bar, which she chose because it was overlooking the marina. So the waitress came for our drink order and my friend ordered a tequila sunrise ... I ordered an iced tea. I think my buddy almost fell off her chair! She asked "You're not drinking?" and I told her that I quit drinking. She didn't question it ... all she said was "if you felt that you needed to do that, then good for you". End of discussion. We proceeded to have a very nice dinner, she had another cocktail and I had another iced tea, we had a lovely conversation ... it was a great evening. Although people all around us were drinking, I enjoyed sipping iced tea. I didn't really prepare for that situation but when it just happened I rolled with it, and it was fine. I actually had more of a craving today on the flight home when the guy in the seat in front of me cracked a beer! *pfft* damn that sound! I chose to look out the window and marvel in the beauty of the mountains that we flew over (it was a gorgeous, clear day) and think "How could I ever have questioned the existence of a Higher Power when there is beauty such as this in the world?" *poof* craving gone
I think I scored 2 against that darn AV in the last 24 hours!

Onward ...
Old 06-30-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations, Hokey!

I hope the rest of your trip is successful and sober!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks ColdFusion ... I'm at home now sipping my sleepytime tea
Old 07-01-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and congratulations. “inch by inch it’s a cinch.” Especially if we continue to let go old habits.

BE WELL