Notices

just being sober isnt enough

Old 06-30-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just being sober isnt enough

Working hard to stay sober but its not enough to just get sober. If a life changing event in which we must change our thoughts actions and attitudes.
For me I need a reminder of why I am sober and how the pros heavily outweigh the con's. I also need to be honest and accept my self good/bad. I also learned I can't do what other people do. i need my own personalized program. I am still working at finding the right balance.

I like to go to aa once in a while but I am just not a 12 step person.

Everyday is filled with different amazements. I am working to recognize and appreciate them. Someone intelligent told me about riding the wave whether it be anxiety, depression or cravings. It easy to forget this in a heighten state. I aspire to remember this because it really works acknowledge, accept and understand our feelings.
Those are my thoughts at 4:30 this morning since I can't sleep.

I had a big craving last night to drink. I even went out to a bar with colleagues. I recognized I was stressed and over tired so If irst went for a nice long walk. Then I went to the bar and ate. Enjoyed my carbonated water and lime. They understand i quit drinking. I think just taken a break to chat and joke made me feel good. Just some comroodery. And that's how I feel today. Thanks for reading and have a great day
Old 06-30-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very true, simply removing alcohol from my daily routine just created a whole lot of time doing nothing, as I would have been drinking, we're gonna be bored and with our thoughts, probably thinking about drinking.

So we gotta do a lot more than not drink to reap some longterm results, fill our lives with new activities, develop new perspectives on what we want to fill our lives with or achieve in life now we are Sober!!