Courage To Change: 06/25/14

Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change: 06/25/14

In Step Six I become entirely ready for God to remove my defects of character—those roadblocks that keep me stranded, unable to freely travel life’s magnificent boulevard. Take for example self-pity: the hours I have languished thinking there was nothing in life for me, that I could never make a dream come to reality! To an extent I was right, for in focusing all my time on self-pity, I was assuring that I would not spend time growing. How could my dreams come true under those conditions? My Higher Power removes my defects by helping me see them at work, getting in the way of my everyday life. Today I can recognize self-pity when it creeps into
my thinking. I can’t wipe out this defect by myself, but I can see it for what it is—a waste of time. Then I can humbly turn to my Higher Power, who gives me joy and confidence to put in its place.

Today’s Reminder
I am not perfect. The character defects I have carried around for so many years will not vanish instantly. But with faith and hope I can work my way through them one at a time, one day at a time.

“God seldom delivers . . . virtues all wrapped in a package and ready for use. Rather He puts us in situations where by His help we can develop those virtues.”
C.R. Findley